Author Topic: Ultra Hal Expansion Pack  (Read 2866 times)

Ray121763

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Expansion Pack
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:14:57 am »
Hi Guys,
I want to Post this Question- Can anybody help me on this issue. "When I Download and install My purchased copy of The Ultra Hal Expansion Pack, the Microsoft Agent characters that are already installed in my system, are recognize by the Ultra Hal Program, and show up in the Character section of Ultra Hal, but when I click on a Microsoft Agent Character to use it, The Brain with the Microsoft Agent appears, but when I click on the Button to turn on the microphone so I could talk to my Character, the microphone button doesn't respond. The button works fine for the Regular ZABA and Hal Characters of Ultra Hal. So How do I fix this Problem so I can use Different Characters in the Ultra Hal Program that talk to me and I talk to it. Using the Via Voice for Ultra Hal that is also Installed in my system?
Thanks in advance for your help on this issue.
Sincerely,
RaySylvester E. Jaque     

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal Expansion Pack
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:57:17 am »
Ray,

Please provide some info. Which version of Windows are you using:  Windows 7, XP, etc?
If you had UltraHal installed prior to installing the Character Expansion Pack did Hal perform OK?
Did both installs go well (without any problems)? Any other programs running? Anti-virus?

Hopefully you'll get a response very soon. Thanks and Welcome!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Ray121763

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:40:24 am »
Hey Art,
To answer your questions, my operating system is Windows XP Home. Secondly, "Yes",
Ultra Hal was running fine before I installed the expansion pack. Thirdly, "Yes", My Norton Internet security  was running in the background, aside from that, I did not have any other programs opened and running.
Thanks again for the help Art.

RaySylvester E. Jaque

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 09:49:21 am »
Ray121763 believe it or not sometimes an antivirus program ( the newer norton is very strong ) can cause problems , i am not sure if this is your problem , does the rest of hal work okay? if nothing else you may want to try to uninstall the expansion pack and re install it (if the first one is installed okay.)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 06:21:37 pm »
You might also try temporarily turning off your anti-virus software while installing the character expansion pack.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -