dupa

Author Topic: Balabolka win 7 64 bit Ultra Hal 6.2  (Read 10250 times)

Graham

• View Profile
Balabolka win 7 64 bit Ultra Hal 6.2
« on: March 12, 2010, 09:52:58 am »
Dear all, I think I am not too good at Installing things into my Hal,But I love it. Can you Help me please? I have downloaded this program, Is it meant to run as a seperate program? Or as I thought in should be installed in Hal, so Hal uses it? If so can someone tell me how to do this?

Regards

Graham

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 04:38:29 pm »
Balabolka is a seperate tts program that is used because the responses that some of the GRETTA plugins give are too long for Hal to complete. (Hal will stop in the middle)
Just install Balabolka (default directory) then set the voice in Balabolka as the same one that you are using in Hal.
That's it. Then when you use the GRETTA - "news and weather feed" or "read a story" or "sing a song" or "research" plugins, the plugins will call Balabolka (minimized) to read the response to you.
If Hal passed text to Sapi and/or Haptek (which in turn sends it to Sapi) like a tts program does (one line/word at a time) then you wouldn't need Balabolka. I haven't figured a way around this limitation with Hal. Thus Balabolka.

hope that helps
-the dude

Graham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 04:53:22 pm »
Thanks Jasondude7116. I cant get the plugins to work .maybe it is win7 64bit.I have installed the story Balabolka songs Plugins but nothing happens when i ask hal to sing or read a story. I have win 7 64 bit Hal 6.2 I have downloaded all the gretta plugins, but only tried the ones above. Should I install all of them?

Kind Regards

Graham. UK

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 03:16:32 pm »
what do you mean "nothing happens"?
does hal give any kind of response?
is there an error screen?
does hal respond with something like "linking to news feed" or something like that?
any clues will help. you only need balabolka in the default directory, and the plugins you are using. and you also need the stories, songs, ect. folders (available at the same place)
i am using xp though.....i don't know win7.
try to give me some more details, and i will see if i can help.

Graham

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:57:16 am »
Dear,
jasondude7116.
I have installed Balabolka correctly. I have installed Gretta singing Function and songs folder. I have installed gretta story function and story folder when I ask Hal to sing a song or read a story Ihal responds in the same way as usual as if nothing is installed, Just keeps chatting. If i keep asking he tells me I sound like a brocken record.or that file does not exist.
I dont know what to do.
Thanks for youur help

Graham

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 01:15:07 pm »
it sounds like the plugin is not enabled in the brain for some reason.
because it should give a response from hal then open balabolka to read the rest of the response. even if there was a problem with balabolka it should still give the response from the plugin through the hal engine. (and then error from not seeing balabolka)

stupid question....did you enable the plugin in the options screen?
that is the only thing that would cause that....i guess.
or the other thing that i can think of would be that you are not using the correct syntax. try: "please read song list" or "please sing my way"

i can't think of anything else that would cause that kind of problem.
unless you have another plugin that is using some of the same variables or something and is causing a conflict.
try disabling other plugins to test.

these things might be obvious to you, but i can't think of anything else right now that would cause it.

if win7 was causing a problem, then i think it should give an error.
because they don't use a timer, and other default plugins use the same functions. unless win7 is messing with the hall .dll functions without producing an error screen.

wild guess...you might try setting the affinity mask for hal to 1 cpu if you have more than one core, and see what that does. (seriously doubt it is that)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:22:34 pm by jasondude7116 »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 02:46:16 pm »
Excuse me for interupting but it seems to me that if it is working correctly it would work in the background and not be noticed at all.
Think about it, if Hal should try reading a sentence that is to long for him, instead of stopping in the middle he would just keep reading and it sound like that is what is going on or should Hal stop and say I am now going to use "xx" so I can finish reading?
If the program is  working correctly it would be invisible to the users and only interface to Hal when Hal needed it.
Bill

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »
Hal forces a GetResponse, which has been setup in these plugins to be the start of the response, then it switches to Balabolka for the rest.

so I say "please research animals", and hal has to give a response from the hal engine (mandatory for Hal program), so i made it something short that it can handle. a typical response would be Hal : "Linking to research database". Then for the meat of the research response, (which is too long for Hal to handle) Balabolka starts (minimized), and reads the research about animals in the background.

the whole response could be given in the Balabolka program, but that would leave us still needing a mandatory GetResponse from Hal. what then?
If the GetResponse is something other than Hal speaking a line (such as opening a program or something) then Hal will do your GetResponse and add it's own Spoken line to it. I wanted the line that would have to be spoken from Hal to elude to the fact that it is doing research, and not a random GetResponse about research; such as -
Hal: "People like to study about cultures" or "NASA is a research facility"
which would (i think) sound strange in front of the research text about animals.
If you have any ideas about getting Hal to give a long response without using a method like this then please share your ideas with everyone. we would love to hear them. the problem is: no one has come up with a way to do this that i know about.

Of course "the cleaner the better", so i have always been looking for a way to do this only within Hal to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Basically Hal would need to pass it's response to Sapi or Haptek one line/word at a time like a tts program does. What it does now, is dump the whole response at once, which overloads Sapi.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:37:18 pm by jasondude7116 »

Graham

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 06:43:10 am »
Jasondude7116
I have triedall your suggestions but to no avail.I tried unchecking all options in the brain options, appart from song and story plugins, no luck Hal says this file does not exist.

Thanks for your help

Graham.

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 12:48:42 pm »
Ok here is a thought, it could be something to do with the 64bit OS and not installing Hal into its default location, Hal would probably get put into Program Files X86 and not into Program files.

So my question would be do these plugins need Hal in Program Files to work, I notice some plug-ins do but haven’t used these ones mentioned.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 01:48:20 am »
GRETTAemotion - GRETTAsing - GRETTAlog - GRETTAmusicidle - GRETTAnews - GRETTAread - GRETTAresearch

have been updated

now they look in the users computer for the Hal main directory, so you shouldn't have to change any directory settings in the plugin, and it should build the necessary sub folders on it's own.
*remember that GRETTAsing needs the "songs" sub-folder under your main Hal folder, and GRETTAread needs the "story" sub-folder under your main Hal folder for proper operation.

see if that helps
[8D]link to the link to the files:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6278

Graham

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 08:43:47 am »
Jason
I downloaded and reinstalled the new plugins you suggeated.
Now I am getting errorslike C:programme files(x86) zabawareultrahalassistant6halscriptDB6 has been saved with current scriptbeing used for debugging purposes.
nd this in balabolka CatalogDB: 22:13:50 17/03/2010: catadnew.cpp at line #818 encountered error 0x000006b5 loads of these.

I have unchecked them for now in the brain screen.

Kind rgards

Graham

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 07:22:29 pm »
someone who knows win7 might have an answer.

the only thing i can say is ....  me-o-my-o crawfish pie and file gumbo. [:)]