dupa

Author Topic: To Rob  (Read 2643 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

To Rob
« on: August 19, 2006, 09:29:29 am »
Hi Rob.

Is there a way to refresh HAL's Plugin cache using vbscript or SQL that can be inserted into HAL's brain for a custom script.

I have made a corrections plugin but the catch is that HAL's Plugin cache has to be refreshed in order for the corrections to take place.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 06:59:07 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
To Rob
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 08:38:54 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Rob.

Is there a way to refresh HAL's Plugin cache using vbscript or SQL that can be inserted into HAL's brain for a custom script.

I have made a corrections plugin but the catch is that HAL's Plugin cache has to be refreshed in order for the corrections to take place.

Jerry[8D]

Jerry,
I've looked through Hal's source code to see if any part of Hal is exposed to the script that could reload the code and I cannot find anything. You pretty much have to go to Hal's options and exit out to get Hal to reload the script.
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

To Rob
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 10:31:30 am »
Thanks Rob.

Jerry[8D]

FuzzieDice

To Rob
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 09:06:49 pm »
Rob - Maybe you could put a refresh cache feature in the program at some future point in time? :) Or have it automatically refresh? Just an idea. Though I don't know what all would be involved or how hard it would be to implement.

onthecuttingedge2005

To Rob
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 01:11:14 am »
I could easly make the HAL/AIM bot refresh its plug cache by an automated shut down and restart if the plug cache was set to refresh upon restart but I am sorry to say that this cache refresh feature doesn't exist to take advantage of.

It would be much easier if the plug cache could just be refreshed on the fly through the .dll via Vbscript directly as a HalCommand option.
HalCommand = HalCommand & "<REFRESH>"

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 01:13:27 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
To Rob
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 10:04:52 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

I could easly make the HAL/AIM bot refresh its plug cache by an automated shut down and restart if the plug cache was set to refresh upon restart but I am sorry to say that this cache refresh feature doesn't exist to take advantage of.

It would be much easier if the plug cache could just be refreshed on the fly through the .dll via Vbscript directly as a HalCommand option.
HalCommand = HalCommand & "<REFRESH>"

Jerry[8D]

I'll add such an option to the next update of Hal.
Robert Medeksza