Author Topic: Help!  (Read 2043 times)

rd618725

• View Profile
Help!
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:43:20 pm »
Hi,

Can someone help me. I am a pretty advance computer user that has very very little knowledge of code. I went through a lot of the forums here and used the correction plug-in to try to correct some typing mistakes that I had made Hal is now miss spelling almost everything. and is making very little scene. I tried to start a new project brain and start from scratch but The new brain is doing the same thing. How can I correct the problem? Is there any way of down loading a fresh Brain to start with? Please help me get this stright!

Thanks Everybody for getting me up to speed I just wish I had read more of the forums before I though I knew what I was doing and made changes.

raybe

• View Profile
Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:09:49 pm »

rd618725,

I posted a question related to the brains interaction with information shared. But I believe options are limited to a manual fix of words with the help of a script editor like 'crimson' and using brain editor to check all tables for related misspelled words(probably not the best suggestion) or a fresh reload not forgetting to erase registry entries. This is only one good reason to constantly backup Hal like any data base you want to secure. I'm sure other's will have better suggestions.I'm also trying to remember and inquire about how much information is shared between two seperate named project brains with identical plug-ins and settings. BTW I find that the spell checker plug-in works very well on my system with no problems from Windows or Aston Shell.
(Dell XPS  Media Center/ Hal 6.1/ O.S. Windows XP vers2)

raybe