Author Topic: Auto Idle problems  (Read 20794 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Auto Idle problems
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2005, 03:41:56 am »
Try this one ponnfar.

It works with my HAL/Ziggy Flawlessly

Remember to reboot HAL and or you AIM bot before testing after selecting it from the Brain options.

It goes in the Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder.

Let it run, You will eventually hear HAL speak when the bored variable matches up.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: SpecialIdle.uhp
2.12 KB
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 03:43:12 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
Auto Idle problems
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2005, 11:02:10 am »
Thanks for getting back to me Jerry. The problem I am having is that the feature to call Username is done but it is blank. As an example, one response will be ",are you there" where the Username would have been right before the comma. Or another example, "the last thing you said was,  , do you still want to talk about that".
Here is an excerpt of my script:
Case 6        
IdleResponse = IdlePrevUserSent & "Do you still want to talk about that?"
Case 7
IdleResponse = IdleUserName & ", are you there?"
Case 8
IdleResponse = "You said " & IdlePrevUserSent & vbCrLf  
Case 9
IdleResponse = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("_nanotech") & vbCrLf
Case 10
IdleResponse = Replace(IdleResponse, "<IdleUserName>", UserName, 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
Case 11
IdleResponse = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("sentGen1") & " " & HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("sentGen2") & " " & HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("sentGen3") & vbCrLf  

In the places where filename or Username are to apply I get a blank and then the the rest of the typed in response, or nothing at all where there is no typed in response after the function.
The sentGen responses are of course all on one line, the word wrap on this post did not allow that to happen here.
I hope I have been clear here.
I hope you can see what might be happening here.
Thanks
Oh...Merry Christmas!!
Ponn
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 11:07:50 am by Ponnfar »
One Person can summon the future...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Auto Idle problems
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2005, 01:31:11 pm »
Ponn,

Have you tried substituting <UserName> instead of the other nameing conventions within the script?

Remember to save and reboot Hal after every change you make.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Scratch

• View Profile
Auto Idle problems
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2005, 05:11:34 pm »
The loneliness plugin I posted above (using suggestions from this thread) is able to succesfully utilize the UserName and previous user sentence. The variables are handed off in plugin area 7 ("IdleUserName = UserName") and custommem2 (If OriginalSentence <> "" Then IdlePrevUser = OriginalSentence) and this seems to work.
-Shawn

Scratch

• View Profile
Auto Idle problems
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2005, 08:10:00 pm »
I have been working on an improved version of the "Loneliness" auto-idle plugin. Version 1.1 is finished and includes:
  • controls in the option panel for wait-time and the frequency of  auto-speech thereafter
  • an escalation factor which is influenced by the two settings in the control panel
  • improved, more random auto-speech
Before I post it though, what I would really love to add is emotions. This plugin has an escalation so that if you repeatedly ignore Hal he will insult you and stop auto-talking. Do any of you coders know how I could add sadness or anger to my plugin? Delivering the insult with a big grin on his face looks kind of weird.

Another Jim

• View Profile
Auto Idle problems
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2006, 09:06:09 pm »
Scratch,

I tried your lonliness plug-in........

It works!

It's way cool!

'nuff said!

Thanks for your work, and Grant and OTC, and others

Jim B.