Author Topic: lightspeed hal ogg laughter idea  (Read 2560 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
lightspeed hal ogg laughter idea
« on: July 17, 2007, 06:16:30 pm »
i am wondering can a plug in be made that when the ha or ha, ha is typed when writing to hal that hal will substitute those words with a random group of human laughter female or male which ever is checked each laughter would sound different . this way if hal ever laughed when talking as hal sometimes does a fast oog file would open and a real human laughter would be heard then off and hal would stop speaking or continue on with the sentence !! of course about 6 ? types of human female and male laughter would have to be gotten or made into oog files . if a plug in can't be made of this then maybe this could be a feature in the next version of hal . this way hal would and could actually laugh and sound like you or me instead of a written laugh that sounds like its written . so what do ya say ? can a plug in be made like this if not , robert do you think something like this is possible in a next version ??
 [:)][8D]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:30:05 pm »
That would be nice. I have built a small file of .ogg's like laughter
and sound effects for future use in making movies, but draging and droping into the haptek console just isn't practical for normal conversation.
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 11:21:26 pm »
yes tedathome that wouldn't be practicle dragging and dropping them but if some sort of program could recognize a word (ha, etc ) and replace it with a ogg file from a program file until the random laugh ogg file all played then continue on with the regular hal speech maybe something like this could be made into a hal program i dont know . [8D] it would be something very nice to have i think . [:)]