Author Topic: Controlling Ultra Hal TTS?  (Read 3889 times)

dataless

• View Profile
Controlling Ultra Hal TTS?
« on: April 02, 2005, 08:16:37 am »
I have an AI app that I was using Ultra Hal with. There didn't seem to be any method of directly controlling the voice, so I just used SendKeys. I sent the first character of my desired entry to the listbox, then used {DOWN} to get down to the particular entry. Of course, there was NO WAY of controlling the slide bars for volume, pitch, and speed.

THEN I tried it on a different computer. There were DIFFERENT voices displayed, perhaps because of other products that had been installed on the two computers or ???. Anyway, the same blind operation of the listbox got me to DIFFERENT voices  8-(

Is there SOME way of reliably controlling Ultra Hal TTS so that I can get the voice of my choice?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Steve

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 08:26:56 am »
There's a Voice tab in Hal's Options interface. It should list all the voices available on your computer(s), and allow you to select your preference.

dataless

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 12:17:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by KnyteTrypper

There's a Voice tab in Hal's Options interface. It should list all the voices available on your computer(s), and allow you to select your preference.

Mine has two tabs, one titled "Advanced Speech Options for Current Voice ..." and one titled "Pronounciation Settings for Current Voice ...". Unfortunately, both of these are brain dead (do nothing when clicked).

Perhaps the brain deadedness is at the heart of my difficulties?

Steve