Author Topic: Question for Robert or Von  (Read 2482 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Question for Robert or Von
« on: December 23, 2004, 11:34:27 pm »
Hey guy's
I'm trying to figure out why When someone gives a single Question mark Like: ? all by itself I keep getting blank responses.
I can solve this by using some random spinners but I'm trying to avoid spinners and need to figure out what I'm missing because I've tried tonz of different methods to get the bot to respond to a single question mark by UserBrainRel formats with no luck.
Got any idea's.
Greatly appreciative.
Jerry.

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 01:53:35 am »
onthecuttingedge2005,
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you trying to get Hal to respond to a user with just a single "?" as the GetResponse?

If so then I don't know what to do about it. The GetResponse generated by the brain script is returned to Hal's main program. Some post-processing happens there. I think that process must interpret a single "?" as a non-response. Only Robert knows for sure.

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 01:54:10 am by vonsmith »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 04:02:52 am »
quote:
Originally posted by vonsmith

onthecuttingedge2005,
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you trying to get Hal to respond to a user with just a single "?" as the GetResponse?

If so then I don't know what to do about it. The GetResponse generated by the brain script is returned to Hal's main program. Some post-processing happens there. I think that process must interpret a single "?" as a non-response. Only Robert knows for sure.

=vonsmith=

Thanks Von.
I'll see if Robert knows whenever he swings by the forum.
Happy Holidays to all.
Jerry.