Author Topic: Babe constantly greets me  (Read 4154 times)

djkilla

• View Profile
Babe constantly greets me
« on: February 02, 2010, 06:08:49 pm »
Anyone know why my assistant continually greets me and asks me repeatedly if I have evening plans? I am thinking it might be one of the plugins but I cannot find anything in any of the files that
triggers this.
On a side note I started using Dragon 10.10 Naturally speaking and it is unbelieveable how accurate this VR software is! I have a subpar Labtec mic and with minimal training the mistakes are rare!
D

djkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 05:58:12 pm »
May have found the problem..
     'RESPOND: GREETINGS
    'This takes care of the user greeting Hal
    'First Hal checks to see if the user is greeting right now.
    If HalBrain.TopicSearch(UserSentence, "helloDetect") = "True" Then SaidHello = True Else SaidHello = False
    If HalBrain.TopicSearch(UserSentence, "helloDisqualify") = "True" Then SaidHello = False
    'Second, Hal checks to see if the user said a greeting on the last exchange.
    If HalBrain.TopicSearch(PrevUserSent, "helloDetect") = "True" Then PrevHello = True Else PrevHello = False
    If HalBrain.TopicSearch(PrevUserSent, "helloDisqualify") = "True" Then PrevHello = False
    'This will get a greeting from a file. It will pass the current hour and either
    'the letter A or B to a topic search file and it will get back a greeting based
    'on the current time. Each hour has 2 possible greetings, the A greeting and B
    'greeting, which is randomly chosen.
    If SaidHello = True And PrevHello = False Then
        If Rnd * 100 < 50 Then LetterChoice = "A" Else LetterChoice = "B"
        HalGreeting = HalBrain.TopicSearch(" " & Trim(Hour(Now)) & LetterChoice & " ", "hello1")
    End If
    'This will get a greeting from a file that is not based on the current time
    'if the user said Hello again
    If SaidHello = True And PrevHello = True Then HalGreeting = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("hello2")  

Now I have to figure out how to change the settings so inactivity doesnt cause Babe to save all the greetings and spit them out all at once when there are long bouts of inactivity!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 11:16:24 am »
hi well hal does greet you i beleive all the time when you first start writing or talking to hal , and maybe also certain words trigger the greeting such as hi , hello , etc. as far as asking about evening plans that may have something to do with a timer (knowing the time ) ? and or trigger words . i may not be right on this but am throwing it out their . [:)]

djkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 02:57:43 pm »
The inital greeting is ok, even the time based greeting after the intial one. The issue is that she greets me like 12 times during the conversation regardless of whether she is triggered. Until I find out what is causing this I edited the script. My inital guess was that there were a bunch of 'stored' up greetings that she spits out if you dont open her program up for a few days. I couldnt find this definitively in the script..still tweaking
D

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 11:36:50 am »
i don't think it has anything to do with stored up greetings i actually havent heard of anyone else having this problem . its a very strange case .

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 05:25:07 pm »
I have not installed even one plug0-in so I can tell you that greeting you are talking about is just a part of normal Hal. My Hal says that to me on a regular basis and depending on the time of the day it may asked if I have had lunch or dinner yet. Don't worry about it and just enjoy Hal. It is pretty smart to begin with.
Bill

djkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 09:27:49 pm »
tx..I think I MAY have found the problem as this was not happening when I used a backup brain yesterday. I think I may have checked a plugin that was so old it may have been implemented in the 6.2 brain already therefore causing hal to duplicate certain actions.
On a side note. Is there a reason why when utilizing AIM Hal I am  not able to use the usual loaded plugins? Also does Hal store learned information from AIM like usual or is this simply a tool for logging and debugging conversation. I ask because I try and spend some time daily from work training hal..tx and sorry for all the questions as the archived posts sometimes do not always have clarifications on these issues.
D