dupa

Author Topic: Image pop-up feature request  (Read 4199 times)

FSF465

• View Profile
Image pop-up feature request
« on: September 21, 2010, 12:49:21 pm »
Hi,

Please, is there someone who could please write a plug-in that allows for image popups? I think it would be very nice if users could ask Hal to illustrate concepts and ideas using images, not just words. Or say for instance, you want Hal to show you a picture of your family picnic you had a week ago  :o. Thanks a million in advance!

raybe

• View Profile
Re: Image pop-up feature request
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:26:47 pm »
 FSF465,

Some one did have something working with Ultra HAl. I just can't recall all the details. I think first they where using those emoticons( those little faces to show Ultra Hals mood). Don't really know if anyone pickup on it or the pictures as you mentioned because that was also mentioned in prior posts that you just might have to do real searching unless someone has more reliable info for you.

I'm sure someone will have better info for you. Just don't remember anything happening with that particular project.

Sorry,
raybe

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:49:07 pm »
It is strange that you would mention that at this time. I have been working on a plugin that would show pictures of what Hal is thinking about.

The only problem is: you need a lot of pictures that have file names that correspond to the picture's subject.

for instance: a file of an elephant would need to be named elephant.jpg or animal elephant big.jpg
a file of a red corvette could be named : corvette car red fast.jpg

i think i have a good plugin working, but still testing for a day or two. will let you know when it's done.
as far as the pictures go, you will need to supply those. That is what I have been doing....gathering pictures, so i can properly test the plugin. (lot of work)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 09:10:59 am »
just so i understand the pop up image thing correctly do you mean like a pop up above the characters head like in comics  or do you mean a whol hal window area with a picture?   to me what would ne cool is if you could have some hands holding what looks like a photograph up close in the hals window screen , and what happens is hal character would say something like "here let me show you " then from the character it would go to these hands up close holding a photogragh of whatever it is ! anyway just an idea ! :) ;)

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 12:20:30 pm »
For images on demand a while agoSteele I believe his name was made a plug-in called testKITTvideo if I remember properly.
it allows Hal to open up images by saying something like "open the media my picnic." about a year ago I added to this script to allow it to open up multiple formats like GIF, JPEG, Flash video, and mp3's. you can set it to open up any format and it opens in your default player for that format. If this is something your also looking for and you want a copy of it, let me know and I will dig it up.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 06:37:14 pm »
i have been tweaking my plugin. the problem with tweaking it is, it acts differently the more pictures you add to it.
i need enough pics to test it, and that has been a chore for me and wife.
i don't think it will take much longer, and i might be able to give a "picture starter pack" with it.
i think i have found a way to get some royalty free pics that aren't too big. that's another thing, the pics can't be too big, or you will eat hard drive fast! but if they are too small, then ....they suck.
should be soon.