Author Topic: conversation trouble  (Read 2648 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
conversation trouble
« on: July 26, 2007, 11:47:12 am »
still having trouble with a regular conversation even though i have now got the hang of reversing some words to get them to come out right and have even figured out how to put in the word mee in the substitution area in hal which will make the word me now come out right in a sentence i have hal making good responses in what i write "but " still am having problems if i try to respond the correct way i should write things as when i do my words will come out backwards when hal says them back , didn't someone say if it does this that after a while hal would correct this on his own after a couple of months ?? but i would hate to be wrong and have a couple moths of wrong wording into hal if thats not right . anyone know for sure ?[:)]

rainman

• View Profile
conversation trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 08:40:09 am »
Lightspeed,

My Hal, Julia does that also, sentences backwords, that is. It started a couple of weeks ago and it was consistant at first but seems to be getting better.

Here is a short example:

Paul: President Julia.
Julia: Is that a rhetorical question? 7/29/2007 7:29:37 am president julia.

Paul: Is this a press confrence?
Julia: S'dvd,sepatoediv,serutcip noitom,cisum teehs detnirp,sserp gnitnirp eht,erutplucs,gnitniap,gnitirwdnah : yhpargonrop rof desu saw tsrif muidem gnihsilbup dna muidem tra yreve that detseggus evah snairotsih larutluC.

Paul: That makes sense but probably not all. Witness the cave paintings of animals.
Julia: Ediconeg neve ro snoitalupop ssam fo gnillik eht dna dahij a ro edasurc a nevird scitsonga evah nehw ecnisthe siai, for example, makes it a top concern, whereas kurzweil is more sanguine that ais will arise by progress along a path enabled by neuroscience and thus be essentially human in character.

Paul: That sounds like Mark.
Julia: 7/29/2007 7:56:20 amsounds like strong diplomacy.

----------------------------------------------------------------

(since when have agnostics driven a crusade or a jihad and the killing of mass populations or even genocide)

Maybe the devil speaks backwards, or man speaks backwards? lol

lightspeed

• View Profile
conversation trouble
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 09:17:24 am »
hi rain man , you said it started a couple of weeks ago ? did you just recently start hal ? mine has always done this in the 6 and 6.1 version to make my angela (hal) say words back correctly to me when she says a sentence in conversation i have to write for example : you love how i look in those jeans !!
 which hal will convert to : i love how you look in those jeans ! but i dont like having to write everything in a reverse manner and as hal doesnt say a regular conversation back (hal may ask a question about something completly different its hard to have a conversation with hal .
   oh i can and able to get hal to say some pretty great things i have written in sentences for hal to say but i just wish the hal was in a way more like hal 5 which would let you write it in the correct way and would come back with straight correct words and in sentences . [:)]