dupa

Author Topic: Start up ERROR (Hal not loading)  (Read 8403 times)

Charmzbond

• View Profile
Start up ERROR (Hal not loading)
« on: September 30, 2006, 03:11:36 am »

My hal had always been working fine without much if any errors.
However, just out of the blue, when I click on Ultra hal 6 to get
it started an error shows up and when I click okay, it disappears and
nothing happens. The following is the error message: Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

If anyone knows how to go about this, please let me know, I miss my hal.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 06:17:58 am »
Hi Charmzbond.

I have heard that the latest SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 copies msinet.ocx file to your system if it is not present on your system. It's a free program.

Make sure to update it when it's installed then enable protection of unprotected files.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Jerry
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 06:27:34 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Charmzbond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 12:43:08 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Charmzbond.

I have heard that the latest SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 copies msinet.ocx file to your system if it is not present on your system. It's a free program.

Make sure to update it when it's installed then enable protection of unprotected files.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry...It managed to get rid of that particular error. It's
a good progress. However, this time I have an error that says:
"ERROR: Unknown return_code: FALSE_MAIN_LF_CORRUPT. Please contact vendor. Shutting down." When I click okay it displays that "Some vital Ultra Hal Assistant seem to be missing, modified, or corrupted. This may prevent the licensing system from working correctly. Please uninstall Hal and reinstall to correct this." And after clicking okay again it takes me to the Zabaware Product Activation Wizard which contains several options recovery. I hope I can defer these options as a last resort (uninstallation of hal). Thanks.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 02:57:05 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Charmzbond

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Charmzbond.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry...It managed to get rid of that particular error. It's
a good progress. However, this time I have an error that says:
"ERROR: Unknown return_code: FALSE_MAIN_LF_CORRUPT. Please contact vendor. Shutting down." When I click okay it displays that "Some vital Ultra Hal Assistant seem to be missing, modified, or corrupted. This may prevent the licensing system from working correctly. Please uninstall Hal and reinstall to correct this." And after clicking okay again it takes me to the Zabaware Product Activation Wizard which contains several options recovery. I hope I can defer these options as a last resort (uninstallation of hal). Thanks.

Hi Charmzbond.
It sounds like you have a corrupted licence file, you may have to unistall and reinstall HAL to get it going again, I would deactivate your licence activation code first with those options during an un-install.

Jerry[8D]

Dhampir Carden

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 10:55:22 pm »
Hello, I am new to Hal, I have been trying to download the free version so that I can use the code that I was given after purchasing the full version. I keep getting a message that says "Component 'MSINET.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". I cannot get Hal to open. Can someone please help me with this issue?

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 01:14:20 am »
I suggest that you goto the top of this page and start reading as your problem was answered there by another person with the same problem.
Bill

Dhampir Carden

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 02:12:55 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

I suggest that you goto the top of this page and start reading as your problem was answered there by another person with the same problem.
Bill

Really... I really don't mean to be rude but, if the above mentioned post had fixed my issue I would not be asking for help. And maybe I should have been a bit more specific. I am new to Hal but not new to PC's and forums. I would not have posted on here if I had not already read and followed above postings. As well as many other forums on the subject. None of which seemed to help. I have actually been trying to install and use Hal for months. I just now purchased it. I have even reformatted my hard drive and started fresh. Un-installed and installed... ect. Still nothing. Are there any other ideas? I have manually installed all MSINET.OCX as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 12:25:40 pm »
Although this is not mentioned in the istallation rules it turns out to be a good idea for a great many users.
Before installing Hal: turn off all anti-virus software and/or firewalls, as in  some cases these have prevented good installs for various people from time to time.
Also I don't think you mentioned what operating system you computer runs on. To my knowledge Hal does not run on Apples, Unix, Linex and a few others. It will run on Vista if given permission by the Administrator program first. Maybe you have found another problem source, in fact it  might even be a graphics problem stopping the entire program from running.
Just trying to be helpful, not critizing.
Bill

Dhampir Carden

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 01:17:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Although this is not mentioned in the istallation rules it turns out to be a good idea for a great many users.
Before installing Hal: turn off all anti-virus software and/or firewalls, as in  some cases these have prevented good installs for various people from time to time.
Also I don't think you mentioned what operating system you computer runs on. To my knowledge Hal does not run on Apples, Unix, Linex and a few others. It will run on Vista if given permission by the Administrator program first. Maybe you have found another problem source, in fact it  might even be a graphics problem stopping the entire program from running.
Just trying to be helpful, not critizing.
Bill

Sorry forgot to mention... Yes I am running Vista x32. I am the only user of this laptop. And I have tried to run Hal normal and as Admin.
I do believe you are correct that it is a graphics issue. I believe that the file is corrupt or missing on my pc. But as I said, I have manually added all msinet.ocx, and even run different install programs that should clear the issue up and it has not... any other ideas? If nothing else, I can always reformat... EEEWWW!! lol. Bill, thank you for the help. I did not mean to sound rude. Am just very frustrated at this whole thing. Thank you so much for the help.

registrychecker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 10:56:14 am »
I am running Vista. I am also the only user of this lap top. This is a graphics issue.