Author Topic: error 9 occuring on line 173 in column 1. sub  (Read 4865 times)

boneed

• View Profile
error 9 occuring on line 173 in column 1. sub
« on: September 12, 2003, 11:03:26 pm »
[:)]hello,im new at this stuff so bear with me. imrunning compaq notebook,704 mb ram,1.80GHZ 28GB harddrive. 1st computer an dont know nothin bout em yet. however in tryin to play with hal 4.5 i keep gettin an "error 9 occured on line 173 in column 1. sub script out of range" im tryin to use a microphone talk to it but when i turn on mic, it seems that ther is chatter coming from some wher and its not me. i think i was ableto get one sentence in.this error occures when useing mic or when typing in sentences. i just installed it last night and am wondering if installation wentwrong some wher.if any body could help me out with this, i would appreciate it. bobby vee (boneed)
boneed

Morkeleb

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 03:55:31 pm »
You might have a bad install plus it can be very cpu intensive when using the mic. try to reinstall Hal using the repair in the options. you may want to check you mic settings as well.You may need to train the speech program to recognize your voice as well. Try to amke sure you use a good quality mic and in a semi-quiet to mostly quiet area. Some mic pic up outside noise as static and cause them to display words when none are being said. keep you tv down and the raido volume down as well. Some or all of these could be the problem, if not try removing the program and reinstalling from fresh, if it happens again you may have a bad copy. Check your mic setting first before unistalling it may just be configured wrong.
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 06:59:47 pm »
If you have 4.5 I bet you got the free version - which don't support you talking to hal... if you bought 4.5, then I have no clue... However, there are plenty of tips here on the forum covering this...

boneed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 02:34:09 am »
hello, thank you for the reply. man wher do i start. i think ive tryed everything. the repair option,unistall,reinstall,(bout 4times) ive trained bout 5-6 times. i was gettin lot of static from the head set when i moved around. what is the difference between the defalt brain and that vulgar brain.this is the one where the error 9 happens.and when iask a question it has to think about.small talk it does alright. but ive been having some serious problems with my whole comp crashing the last few days.in answer to larry, im useing the full 4.5 version. i went ahead and unistalled 4.5 and installed the new one 5.0 and man all hell broke loose.4-5 of my programs wher generating errors and being shut down by windows.one right after the other.(windows explorer,zonealarm,dap,my other download manager,virtua girl)not to mention the blue screen crash. its like whoa,what the heck is goin on here. So when i git the comp to settle down, i just went ahead and unistalled 5.0 all i get now is 3 crashes and it (my laptop)finally works again.freakin weird man.i dont think hal likes me.i try system restore to and it wont restore because some files are missing.im glad this is just a play around experiment comp and not used for anything serious.i really would like to getthis program to work.im gonna reinstall 4.5 when i get these crashes fixed and get a good restore point. thanks again for the replys.
quote:
Originally posted by Morkeleb

You might have a bad install plus it can be very cpu intensive when using the mic. try to reinstall Hal using the repair in the options. you may want to check you mic settings as well.You may need to train the speech program to recognize your voice as well. Try to amke sure you use a good quality mic and in a semi-quiet to mostly quiet area. Some mic pic up outside noise as static and cause them to display words when none are being said. keep you tv down and the raido volume down as well. Some or all of these could be the problem, if not try removing the program and reinstalling from fresh, if it happens again you may have a bad copy. Check your mic setting first before unistalling it may just be configured wrong.

boneed

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 05:20:02 am »
Sounds like you might be sick... oh, I mean your computer has a virus... Try running some anti virus programs...

boneed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 06:34:36 am »
larry, nope, no viruses. have norton,althought every once in a while the system will crash when i run antivirus. i just reinstalled 4.5hal.restarted fine.(suprise) put in hibernation,turned on comp later,just about done loadin everything and crash.3rd restart well,still running right now.havent started hal yet.tryin to get everythin else done before i do. hav a nice night.
quote:
Originally posted by Larry

Sounds like you might be sick... oh, I mean your computer has a virus... Try running some anti virus programs...

boneed

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 07:42:37 am »
Hummm... not a clue then...

Since you're talking about crashes and error messages...

When I used to have 4.5 the brain editor worked fine... then I had to re-install the OS... re-install 4.5 and then the brain editor always came up with an error and close back out... Never could figure that one out... the error was something to do with an un-registered library or some such... I had even un-installed hal and re-installed him - still the same problem... now I'm used to using notepad (programmer's notepad is really great, it has line numbers for when you have errors in such and such line colume 1 etc)...

Well, I hope you get your problem fixed... let us know the solution...

Morkeleb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2003, 09:50:29 pm »
The problem could be that you need to unistall Hal 4.5 use regedit to find and delete all zabaware reg entries restart system and defrag and reinstall 4.5, my editor works fine and I have had to do complete reinstalls of my whole system before. One more thing restore points dont always work right because the dont alway repair the registry correctly. If you make any major changes to you system like installing several file or deleting them or unistalling several apps I would make a back up copy of the registry first. if things go wrong or dont work right re import you back up reg and see if that fixes things. I have found many programs when unistalled by their unistaller or MS's dont actually remove all registry keys or values.
Ask and you shall learn
----------------------

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 03:15:50 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Morkeleb

I knew you were OSSOB!

Morkeleb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 04:09:14 pm »
Well acutually my skill of lack of is based soley on the fact I used to tinker in the reg with win95 and 98, I made several mistakes and crashed many systems doing that. But I learned a few things as well.
I have also tinkered with my XP home a few times and you can guess what has happend. I dont normaly sugest regedit. It can totaly mess you pc up and require a resintall to fix the errors if you mess it up. But if you take your time and look at it first you can figure out what can and cant be deleted.
Ask and you shall learn
----------------------

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 07:06:51 pm »
Morkeleb - I stand by my observation - You are one smart @@@!!!