Author Topic: Brains #2  (Read 2389 times)

southclown

• View Profile
Brains #2
« on: November 03, 2004, 08:00:10 am »
Want to have a hal brain mostly talking about the question and answer brain part! to much stuff in there i would never talk about and it talks to long to load, if i had one that had no lines in it i could start adding my own!!! I tryed to delete the lines in the question and answer brain but it takes to long to load and to long to delete one line at atime!!! Please Help me,,,,,,,, Please[:(]
Mark

dihelson

• View Profile
Brains #2
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 11:01:06 am »
It seems like we're all on the same boat.I slept only for 4 hours today, trying to find a way to do what you're saying.

INDEED, what we need is not an empty brain. NO WAY.I get that other topic with a little 10k file empty brain, and spent 4 hours teaching HAL. It's tedious work.

So, I decided that WE REALLY NEED is part of what was already made.WE NEED the current HAL's brain, without the QuestionsXAnswers section, but with the tools working fine!

First the worst way: I tried to delete content of the files, on the folder: I went to Defbrain folder and opened the .BRN files into Notepad and erased all lines in some files.

For example, HAL says Sonsense on that file:
halquestion.brn
which is where it says some garbage before actually saying what it wants. I erased almost entirelly all the first part, keeping only 3 lines. I erased all Middle part and kept only 3 lines of the #END. It improved a lot. Now when it wants to say something it says:

I DON'T KNOW
instead of saying something like: Reading my books, I conjecture in voracity by the gods of heaven that I don't know what you are talking about (nonsense)

Then I almost eliminated the NO responses, saying a plain NO. Or No. Okay.

In expressions like:
Me: I don't like this
HAL: You don't like it?
Me: NO
Hal: No. Okay

Instead of:

Me: The sky is Blue
HAL: Isns't it yellow?
Me: NO
Hal: No? Would you like to reconsider? Think better! Why?

:)

Then I edited the part of Repetitions.
I erased most of the repetitions expressions. Now I can repeat and repeat without being disturbed. Once a while it says I'm repeating as a human being would do.

Than, The Worst Part:
How to DELETE the Question Answer maintaining the Tools? Making that rawsXcolumns really blank ?
Erasing one at a time? Hummmmmmmmmm! Hard Work!
Erasing them all?

I tried to erase the contents of some files like :
enhanced_strings.brn , enhanced_question.brn. It worked somehow on the HAL's behaviour, but not as I wanted.

So we need more!
We need to find a way to empty that knowledge table without corrupting the files.
Erasing one by one?
Oh man!

If you discover, please, tell me how!

Regards,
Dihelson Mendonça