dupa

Author Topic: Using Hal's AIM bot  (Read 6386 times)

kenneth184

• View Profile
Using Hal's AIM bot
« on: April 26, 2003, 02:02:13 am »
Every time I try to use Hal's AIM bot I get error 989. How can I correct this error?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Using Hal's AIM bot
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 08:01:58 pm »
According to AOL the error 989 means "An unknown signon error has occurred"  Your guess is probably as good as mine as to the cause. Can you sign on with this screen name using normal AIM. Can you sign on with a TOC client like the one at http://toc.oscar.aol.com ?
Robert Medeksza

Morkeleb

• View Profile
Using Hal's AIM bot
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 11:28:58 pm »
Hello.[:)] I have had the same problem as you had. When I tried to log on with the Hal AIM bot it would fail. It was the same code you got.[:(]

I do have on question or idea though. Wich version of Hal are you using. I noticed when I start Hal AIM bot it say it works for 4.0. it doesn't say 4.x wich would of made me think it would work with 4.5. Could there be a patch that is need to make it compatible with the newer Hal bots. Does it mater wich service provider you use? I am curently using Earthlink.net.

If you find out please email me at morkeleb_2003@earthlink.net.
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net

Rich_A

• View Profile
Using Hal's AIM bot
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 09:36:40 pm »
Yeah, I get the same error too! I'm using AOL 8.0 and I checked the Online Help for Sign-On Errors but I could not find this particle problem/error# listed in the Support Documentation. Has anyone gotten Hal's AIM Bot to work with AOL 8.0? Maybe it is just not compatiable with the most recent version of AOL!

Morkeleb

• View Profile
Using Hal's AIM bot
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 12:21:56 am »
For anyone who is new to using the AIM bot, to sign on you need a valid registered AOL AIM account screen name and password first. I found this out by trial and error, don't give up keep trying.

Goto AOl website and sign up for a AOL AIM, make sure you have current version of the AOL IM on your system. Register and sign up for a account and screen name they are free.

After getting one use the new screen name and password and choose your Hal brain plugin. This should allow you to sign in with your hal aim bot.[:)]

Warning: you need a seperate account for each bot you intend to use at the same time, I have done three with no problems.[:0]

You can also talk to your own bot online, but your response may be different then when talking offline unless you use an AOL IM account with the same name you currently talk with hal offline.[^]

This should correct the sign on error.
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net

Rich_A

• View Profile
Using Hal's AIM bot
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 11:36:25 pm »
Yeah...even if you current ISP is AOL you still have to download and install the free AIM program to use your Bot with. The free AIM program is separate software from the IM used within a paid AOL account.