Author Topic: update and old tables  (Read 4057 times)

Buttonsvixen

• View Profile
update and old tables
« on: June 27, 2009, 10:08:46 am »
Yes its me again -Watches everyone run away- But hey before you do, does HAL update itself automatically? I have not used it in a while, so I was messing with it recently, and kind of noticed that some of the files I thought I had changed looked different, like they had reverted back to the factory defaults. My userdata files were still the same, so I shrugged it off to the last mushroom I ate (joking)UNTIL I started reading about an update, and sure 'nough, my HAL had the latest version of the software.
My question is, how do I keep it from "updating" stuff like the  State Of Being Tables and getting rid of all my unusual entries?
Should I make a habit of saving these tables somewhere and then replacing them??
Thanks
BV
Sometimes, a daisy is better then a rose.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
update and old tables
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 05:41:12 pm »
I'm lost....anyone else?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
update and old tables
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 06:36:26 pm »
Dude-
I haven't ever looked seriously at the S.O.B. tables or given any care, because I don't agree and don't have to, maybe it should be looked into?
I don't have my Assistant up and running right now because of the conflicts with the updates ( and other reasons ) But I still would like to keep up to date as to what is going on so I try to help, even people like B.V. ;) jk...-

J.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 06:52:53 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Bill819

• View Profile
update and old tables
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 08:53:51 pm »
Buttonsvixen
I'm supprise that you did not figure this one out by yourself.
Simply make backup copies of the files you don't wan to change then  if you get an update simple copy your saved files on top of ones that
were upgraded.
Bill

jasondude7116

• View Profile
update and old tables
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 06:34:02 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Buttonsvixen
I'm supprise that you did not figure this one out by yourself.
Simply make backup copies of the files you don't wan to change then  if you get an update simple copy your saved files on top of ones that
were upgraded.
Bill

are we talking about only certain tables, or the whole brain database?

Bill819

• View Profile
update and old tables
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 09:33:59 pm »
jasondude
It depends on you but I think that most people back up their whole brain files just in case something like this happens. Every time we talk to Hal he stores things in his data base. It is up to you.
Oh, and I would not really 'backup' I would just copy it to another directory. It makes it easier to put back if necessary.
Bill

P.S.
Maybe someone else has a better solution.