dupa

Author Topic: Fail to select 'read windows boxes'  (Read 5341 times)

Robster

• View Profile
Fail to select 'read windows boxes'
« on: May 28, 2009, 06:20:26 pm »
Hi to everyone, this is my 1st post so before i start my rambling just like to say i think Hal is amazing and thanks to Robert for his great work.

For some reason on Hal's options it will no longer allow me to select 'Hal should speak clipboard contents' and 'Hal should speak all standard dialog boxes', they are both grayed out, but the rest are functioning.

I have got Hal using the ATT Audrey voice and it works fine with Hal, but the Hal text to speech reader will only allow the weaker poor quality version of audrey voice to be selected, the SAPI5, and doesnt allow me to select the higher quality one that hal uses, this may be relevant i think to the above problem.

All of the above functions and voices worked fine until recently, i don't know what to do now, i have already tried re installing both Hal assistant and the text reader again and my sapi and voice packs, but no change.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 11:04:28 am »
Don't know except that the MS Agent characters will only use SAPI 4 compliant voices whereas the Haptek characters can use either.

How do the voices perform using the HapSAPISetup.exe file?

What about the Windows Speech?

BTW, Welcome to the forum!!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 07:01:14 pm »
And even though I don't have a clue how about downloading Sapi4 and see what happens.
Bill

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 11:58:37 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Robster

Hi to everyone, this is my 1st post so before i start my rambling just like to say i think Hal is amazing and thanks to Robert for his great work.

For some reason on Hal's options it will no longer allow me to select 'Hal should speak clipboard contents' and 'Hal should speak all standard dialog boxes', they are both grayed out, but the rest are functioning.

I have got Hal using the ATT Audrey voice and it works fine with Hal, but the Hal text to speech reader will only allow the weaker poor quality version of audrey voice to be selected, the SAPI5, and doesnt allow me to select the higher quality one that hal uses, this may be relevant i think to the above problem.

All of the above functions and voices worked fine until recently, i don't know what to do now, i have already tried re installing both Hal assistant and the text reader again and my sapi and voice packs, but no change.

Hal will grey out these 2 options if you have the Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader installed with those 2 options enabled. It does this to prevent both programs from reading your dialog boxes at the same time. To make Hal Assistant perform this function instead of the Ultra Hal TTS Reader, launch the Ultra Hal TTS Reader and disable these options from the menu bar. Once they are disabled, the option will no longer be greyed out in Hal Assistant.
Robert Medeksza

Robster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 11:42:23 am »
thanks to everyone who replied, especially Robert. Your instructions worked a treat - all solved now, much appreciated.

[:)]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 06:34:28 pm »
Does anyone know what would make ONLY the "read contents from clipboard when copied" option grey-out?

the "read windows dialogs" is checked, and working.

I haven't tried to use it in a while. the last time i used it was when i was using 6.1. I have changed several things scince then.

any ideas?
i have tried changing the voice to "standard" voices - ones that worked with this option before.

thanks
-the dude

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 12:58:30 am »
quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

Does anyone know what would make ONLY the "read contents from clipboard when copied" option grey-out?

the "read windows dialogs" is checked, and working.

I haven't tried to use it in a while. the last time i used it was when i was using 6.1. I have changed several things scince then.

any ideas?
i have tried changing the voice to "standard" voices - ones that worked with this option before.

thanks
-the dude

Almost the same thing as for Robster. It means only the "read contents from clipboard when copied" option is selected in Hal TTS Reader. Launch Hal TTS Reader, deselect that option there, and then it will no longer be greyed out in Hal Assistant.
Robert Medeksza