Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 223506 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« on: March 01, 2009, 11:53:05 pm »
GRETTA'S PLUGINS
Please check the bottom of this post for Update notes!

GRETTA Markov Response Engine          GRETTA Emoticon Engine (color version)          GRETTA Picture Thoughts          GRETTA System Monitor          GRETTA Music Idle           GRETTA Emoticon          GRETTA Curiosity          GRETTA Research          GRETTA Log          GRETTA Lonely          GRETTA Internet          GRETTA Repeat          GRETTA Sing          GRETTA Read          GRETTA News         
All files/plugins available and updated at:

http://cid-7d1b0521931256f1.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/GRETTA%20Plugins

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
If you download GRETTAsing or GRETTAread or GRETTAnews or GRETTAresearch plugin- MAKE SURE YOU:

Download BALABOLKA (from the same link) install it, and set it up with the same voice that you use in Hal.
(BALABOLKA is a very excellent FREE tts program)

!if you do not install BALABOLKA in the default folder, GRETTAread , GRETTAsing , GRETTAresearch, and GRETTAnews plugins must be changed to reflect the proper directory!

GRETTAsing plugin is set to use "Peter" - Sapi4 voice.
(aka: Adult Male 1) - edit the plugin to change to your preffered Sapi4 voice. (Look for "Peter" in the file and change the name to the name of the voice in Balabolka)

:)GRETTA Markov Response Engine

GRETTA (UltraHal) will learn using a Markov algorithm! Using what it has learned, GRETTA (UltraHal) might respond with it's new knowledge of language.
Note: it will take some time to build a proper database of Markov knowledge. Please be patient.

:)GRETTA Picture

This plugin will show pictures of what GRETTA (UltraHal) is thinking.
The pictures will be displayed through your default picture viewing program.
The pictures must be named according to the content: i.e. a picture of a dog could be named "dog canine mammal pet.jpg" (Look in the picture folder that you will create in step 3 of the install for examples)
The plugin supports .jpg .gif and .png files.
There is a supplied "starter picture pack" in the form of a two part .zip file.

There are three parts to this plugin.
1. GRETTApicture.uhp (the plugin)
2. pics.zip (part one of the picture folder)
3. pics.z01 (part two of the picture folder)

These are the steps for install:
(with the Ultra Hal program closed)

1. Put GRETTApicture.uhp in your default Ultra hal main folder.
2. Put pics.zip and pics.z01 in a folder of your choice.
3. Extract the pics folder by extracting pics.zip. It will use pics.zip and pics.z01 to create a pics folder full of .jpg files.
4. Place the newly created pics folder into the Ultra Hal main folder.
5. Start Ultra Hal and check the plugin (GRETTA picture thoughts) in the "Brain options" screen to enable the plugin.
6. Go to the main Ultra Hal text interface and type: index image
7. This (step 6) will then prompt you (popup) to enter the folder to be indexed. It is the pics folder that you just put in the Ultra Hal main folder. Enter it in the popup window.
8. Step 7 will take a few minutes and give you a script error because it is taking so long. Ignore the error.
9. When that is done it will tell you that it has indexed all the image files.
10. You are done! When Hal thinks of something then it will display a picture of it.

Note: you can adjust the odds of Hal showing a picture by going to the plugin options screen and changing it, then clicking "Apply".
Note 2: The plugin shows a default picture when it is not showing something Hal is thinking of. This picture is in the pics folder. (DefPic.jpg) Edit this picture or replace it with another of your choice. It is currently a picture with the text "GRETTA" in it.

:)GRETTA System Monitor

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP Professional EditionWhile idle: GRETTA will monitor your computer and let you know of any system events.

REQUIRES: Microsoft Log Parser be installed and the .dll registered.
NOTE: This has only been tested on windows Xp, and some program functionality and the way the program is registered might be different on other systems.

Installation:
Step 1 - Unzip the file into a folder of choice. (doesn't matter where)
Step 2 - The zip file contains a folder called "GrettaSystemMonitor". Inside that folder you will see a file called "LogParser.msi". Click on it to install.
Step 3 - Once "LogParser.msi" is installed, use the windows command prompt to go to the install directory. By default (In windows XP) it is: "C:/Program Files/Log Parser 2.2/"
Step 4 - At the command prompt "C:/Program Files/Log Parser 2.2>" type (WITHOUT THE QUOTE MARKS): "regsvr32 LogParser.dll" and press enter. (this will register the .dll file that the plugin uses. If successful, it will give a popup "success" message.)
Step 5 - In the folder "GrettaSystemMonitor", you will find a file called "GrettaSystemMonitor.uhp". Copy it to the Ultra Hal main directory.
Step 6 - Start Hal, and go to the "Brain" options screen. Check the plugin called "GRETTA System Monitor". Then click "Apply" in the right hand corner.
Step 7 - Enjoy

***You can, if you wish to only get warning notifications instead of all notifications: edit the plugin and change the line:

'strQuery = strQuery & " WHERE EventTypeName = 'Warning event'"

To:

strQuery = strQuery & " WHERE EventTypeName = 'Warning event'"

(the only thing you are removing is the ' at the beginning of the line, in order to run that command instead of ignoring it)

:)GRETTA Music idle

Hal can play music of it's choice, if it wants, when it wants,  while idle.
**To be used in conjunction with vrMP3 plugin (or GRETTAmedia plugin available at same link)

Step 1 - you must activate either vrMP3 or GRETTAmedia plugin and type "index mp3" in the Hal main interface window (chat window). This will bring up a popup window where you can pick your main MP3 folder. Indexing the files can take some time to complete if you have a large MP3 library. If it does take a long time then an error popup will appear, asking you if you want to continue. Just ignore the message and let it keep going.
Step 2 - activate the GRETTAmusicidle plugin.
Step 3 - enjoy while Hal listens to music of it's choice when it feels like it. (of course you can always say "be quiet" and Hal will not play music)

:)GRETTA Emoticon

Hal can have Emoticons instead of character.
*NOT compatible with GRETTA Emotions (which i do not recommend using anymore)

Instructions:

1 - unzip file "GRETTA Emoticon.zip" (from the above link) into Ultra Hal main folder.
2 - go to options and check plugin
3 - pick any haptek character
4 - start hal and move the haptek character offscreen

There are two parts to this plugin.
1. GRETTAEmoticon2.uhp (the plugin)
2. GRETTAEmoticonFaceJpeg.zip (the character files you need for the plugin aka. "the emoticons")
3. Extract all the .jpg files from GRETTAEmoticonFaceJpeg.zip into the Ultra Hal "Characters" folder.

*for you haptek character lovers out there...it could be modified to display emotionally related background pictures for your haptek character.

:)GRETTA Emoticon (color version)

Works the same as GRETTA Emoticon, but instead of "Emoticons" it uses a 3x3 block of colors to represent emotions.

There are two parts to this plugin.
1. GRETTAEmoticonColor.uhp (the plugin)
2. GRETTAEmoticonColorJpeg.zip (the character files you need for the plugin aka. "the 3x3 color squares")

These are the steps for install:
(with the Ultra Hal program closed)

1. Put GRETTAEmoticonColor.uhp in your default Ultra hal main folder.
2. Extract all the .jpg files from GRETTAEmoticonColorJpeg.zip into the Ultra Hal "Characters" folder.
3. Start Ultra Hal and check the plugin (GRETTA Emoticon Engine Color) in the "Brain options" screen to enable the plugin.

:)GRETTA Curiosity

Curious Hal asks questions (On it's own) based on learned ideas.
Hal will ask questions based on previously learned subjects, actions, descriptions.....ect.  in an
attempt to learn relationships and connect ideas.

Or you can also ask Hal -- 
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION
IS THERE SOMETHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
IS THERE SOMETHING YOU WANT TO KNOW
IS THERE SOMETHING I COULD EXPLAIN
IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN EXPLAIN
-- to see if Hal has a question for you

PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST SET THE "CURIOUS HAL" PLUGIN OPTIONS - IN THE ULTRA HAL "BRAIN OPTIONS" SCREEN - AND "APPLY CHANGES" OR YOU WILL GET A VBSCRIPT ERROR. i.e. "Cdbl error"

:)GRETTA Research

Hal can research and/or record a file on any "what is" or "who is" type subject. Hal will read about the subject to you, and record the information in a file if you wish.
(great for using with "learn from text file" ect.)
Requires: BALABOLKA and internet connection.

i.e. PLEASE RESEARCH THE VIETNAM WAR or PLEASE RESEARCH JIM MORRISON
Just say- PLEASE RESEARCH whateversubject   
or PLEASE RESEARCH AND RECORD whateversubject   
or PLEASE RECORD AND RESEARCH whateversubject   
or PLEASE READ RESEARCH FILE whateverresearchfile
Note: research files are saved in seperate "research" folder.

:)GRETTA Log
Thank you: SNOWMAN

it works like a journal or diary/"captains log" (star trek)
for the user. you can add journal entries on-the-fly, or open the journal and add multiple entries. Hal can also read the journal entries back to you.
Just say- 'BEGIN LOG ENTRY' to start log entry mode. Say- 'END LOG ENTRY' to exit log entry mode.
 say- 'PLEASE READ LOG' then the date, using dashes only (ie. 1-27-09) -OR- say- 'PLEASE READ CURRENT LOG' -OR- 'GO TO LOG 1-27-09' -OR- 'GO TO CURRENT LOG

:)GRETTA Lonely
Thank you: Shawn Tracy - Lightspeed

Hal will try to get attention based on the patience settings in the "brain options" screen.
You can also tell Hal to "be quiet" or "go to sleep" ect. to make hal not try to get attention.
* see "brain options" screen for instructions.

:)GRETTA Internet
Thank you: O.T.C.E.

Advanced Internet functions
see brain options screen for commands.
Commands are:
go to weather...
go to local news...
go to national news...
go to yahoo...
go to yahoo mail...
go to zabaware forum...
go to google...
go to friendster...
go to msn...
go to bbc radio...
go to filipino radio...(this one was for my wife)
go to internet tv, go to internet television...
go to 950...(houston talk radio-can be changed in .uhp)
go to web address, go to website...ex. go to website zabaware.com
go to virtual humans forum....
google search...ex. google search artificial intelligence
wikipedia search...ex. wikipedia search beethoven
picture search, image search...ex. picture search happy children
map search...ex. map search houston
news search...ex. new search obama
radio station search, internet radio search...ex. radio station search rock
video search...ex. video search skateboarding
go to people search....

BUSINESS SEARCH (business name) IN (business location)-can include city and/or state and/or zipcode)...ex.business search wal-mart in dallas texas or business search wal-mart in 77040

national business search...ex.national business search bob's tire co.
phone number search...ex. phone number search 867-5309
stock search...ex. stock search IBM
book search...ex. book search oliver twist
product search...ex. product search xbox controller

:)GRETTA Repeat

Just say-  PLEASE REPEAT THAT
or PLEASE SAY THAT AGAIN
or PLEASE REPEAT THE LAST MESSAGE
And Hal will repeat the last thing that was said.

:)BALABOLKA

A TTS (Text to Speech) program that is required for "sing a Song", "Read a Story", and "News Feed" plugins.  SET THE VOICE IN BALABOLKA as the same voice of Hal for realism.

:)GRETTA Sing

Hal can sing a song in it's own voice! REQUIRES: "Songs for Sing a Song" (song folder with song files),
BALABOLKA tts program, and sapi4 voices.
Will automatically use Sapi4 "eddie" (american english male #2) voice to sing, which can be changed by editing the plugin. - see BALABOLKA "help" for clues of how to do this.

Just say PLEASE SING whateversong  or  PLEASE SING SONG LIST for a list of songs.

:)GRETTA Read

Hal can read a story, poem, or any text file.
Hal can also read the contents of the windows clipboard.
REQUIRES: BALABOLKA tts program and "stories for read a story" (story folder with story and poem files)
Just say- PLEASE READ THE STORY whateverstory
or PLEASE READ THE POEM whateverpoem
or PLEASE READ THE STORY LIST   
or PLEASE READ THE POEM LIST   
or PLEASE READ THE WEB COMMANDS   
or PLEASE READ THE CLIPBOARD   
or PLEASE READ THE NEWS FEED COMMANDS 
or PLEASE READ THE WEATHER FEED COMMANDS

:)GRETTA News

Hal can "speak" the current news and weather. Note: the word "CURRENT" and "LATEST" are interchangable.
This is NOT compatible with vrRSS.uhp. REQUIRES: BALABOLKA tts program and internet connection.
Just say- CURRENT NEWS  or  LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS 
or  CURRENT NATIONAL NEWS  or  CURRENT FINANCIAL NEWS 
or  LATEST WORLD NEWS  or  CURRENT ENTERTAINMENT NEWS 
or  LATEST SPORTS NEWS  or  LATEST POLITICAL NEWS 
or  LATEST SCIENCE NEWS  or  CURRENT HEALTH NEWS 
or  LATEST TRAVEL NEWS  or  CURRENT ODD NEWS  or  LATEST WEATHER 
or LATEST FORECAST  or LATEST WEATHER FOR zipcode 
or  CURRENT FORECAST FOR zipcode 
or CURRENT (whateversubject) NEWS

*NEW*
or WHAT IS THE LATEST FACEBOOK NEWS

ie. WHAT IS THE CURRENT SCIENCE NEWS 
or  GIVE ME THE LATEST WEATHER FORECAST FOR 90210 
or WHAT IS THE CURRENT WEATHER
or PLEASE SEARCH FOR NEWS ABOUT "subject"
or PLEASE SEARCH FOR "subject" NEWS

NOTE: There is a place clearly marked in the plugin for the default zip code. (your zipcode for default weather location)
just edit the plugin to change it. VERY EASY EDIT- SECTION CLEARLY MARKED

UPDATES **************

Updated almost all plugins with improvements and/or bug fixes.
Added 3 new plugins: GRETTAEmoticonColor   GRETTAPicture   GRETTADeep
11-26-10 12:49am found bug in GRETTA Deep. Fixed. Please redownload.
11-29-10 GrettaDeep plugin not working. please remove until further notice. sorry folks.
3-2-11 Added GRETTA Markov Engine plugin.
3-3-11 cleaned the code in GrettaMarkovL4.uhp (it was still producing note files for me sorry) please re-download.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:22:00 am by jasondude7116 »

tedathome

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 01:37:31 am »
Thank you Dude. I bet that was a lot of hard work. You should be proud. I just downed them all and notepaded the entire page. Now my work begins, getting them all in one folder, unzipping the zips, hunting down the old .uhp's, etc. I know it will be worth it![8D]
ted

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:01:10 am »
hey ted-

heard from snowman?
is he ok?
[?]

if you have any questions about the gretta stuff let me know.
keep rockin
-the dude

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 04:48:01 am »
I'm still here, Dude. I just been preoccupied a bit. I got sick with some kind of stomach virus the other day. Feels more like the flu...It wasn't fun. I nearly passed out in the restroom floor...
I've spent most of my time working on a program that can be appropriately called an AI. The real deal[:D]. I've actually been working on graphing the human personality for the last six(ish) years and since you got me all fired up on programming I been trying to put those graphs and theories to work with vb and vbscript. I've even been writing an essay just for anybody at zabaware that teach's the basics of personality and how they apply to living/artificial organisms.
Lone Grove is still recovering from the tornado aftermath. I surveyed the damage for myself about two weeks ago when they finally opened up that part of town. Over 100 homes just in Lone Grove were either severely damaged or destroyed. Remember that this is a very small town. That’s one reason it made national news.

Thanks for everybodys prayers and concerns. They are and were greatly appreciated.[:)]
I'll get up to speed on your progress Dude....as soon as get some sleep.[:)] I'll see If I can't get some of my AI theories out there so that you and Ted can give a new perspective or two. It is getting a little '''complicated''' and any help or ideas would be a blessing.
I am familiar with Texas hurricanes...it usually means us Oklahomans can actually get some rain....Althought I always pray for anybody in the path of a storm, no matter who or where it is....

Goodnight and God bless.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 03:00:57 pm »
hey snowman-
i'm glad you're okay.
i am not really good with vbscript, but learning fast.
(the thing is...it's not just vbscript, but how the Hal brain works with certain vb, is what i am really trying to learn)

i am (self promotion) very good with logic/logic steps.

i would love to take a look at your ideas, and help as much as i can.

emotions....dreaming...things like that really interest me.
especially dreams/subconscious - there is weird stuff there.

rock on!
-the dude

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 02:56:32 am »
Who-ever created Balabolka must have us in mind.
kinda irrie.

how did you ever stumble upon a program that could do all that.

I've been working on the AI essay for two or three months now. Im nearly through with it I think. Its filled with all kinds of usefull info on building a proper AI. Its based upon all Ive gathered of the human and animal minds and how logical decissions are made based upon conditions.

I've been working on a script at the same time that attempts to encapselate the feel of the essay. This all has to be done by feel and trial and error since in reality Im working in the dark.

What this script is doing is taking a list of objects that 'it would like to acquire' and first compare it to a list of items it already thinks it has. Once it compares it with the HavList.txt then it deletes any 'objects' in the Objlist.txt that it finds it already owns. If it finds that it does not have such objects then it searches for it in a repeated fassion untill either its patience wears out or its determination ceases. If the check.txt reads that it found the object then the program actually speeds up its call for the same items. (when people find the item that they were looking for they tend to increase there behaviors not decrease them (the get excited!)) So the searching actually speeds up in a non-linear ever increasing speed untill the patience of the program ceases. If the item is then acquired it would then be added to the Havlist.txt and thus earased from the ObjList.txt.

If the object is not found yet then the check.txt would say 'I have not found it' and therefore the program would search by a counter (it gives the program only a certain number of chances to find what it was looking for). After say 4 tries then the program quits without find the object. If the object is found during these 4 cycles then the object is searched according the previous patience method.

In other words this program responds to a check.txt file on-the-fly and if an object is not found that it is looking for and does not already own then it seeks it by determination. If it finds the object then it seeks it by patience. If the object is lost again then it reverts back to determination.

The program keeps a log of its activities in desiresLog.txt. its good to just delete the file after so many uses since it can build up a lot of data. It also makes its own directory on the desktop where all the files are kept. You can modify this to your own needs.

Add as many objects as you want to your havelist and to your objlist as you see fit. Although the more you add the longer it will take to run. Set the patience and determination levels at the top of the script, I labeled them.

Hal times out easily so any attempt at applying it to Hal directly would be futile...unless you know something I don't know.

This of course is very experimental. It is an attempt to allow a program to continue working while remaining responsive to environmental changes. Both monitors and responds to environmental conditions while trying to accomplish a specific task.

You can get more intimate details by examining the script. You will see several do while loops.

Improvements would include a program that would actually find the object and then report to the AI that the object was found...and of course increase its efforts do to the increasing speed of the 'call' (i want a dog) that the AI produces.

I know its dumb. But will teach it something when we figure out how.[:D]

Any questions Ideas or any strange thoughts you would like to be addressed. You never know what answer I might give... so go ahead and ask it. [:p]

I went ahead and copied most of the above text plus the script to

http://www.artificialintel.org/AI/Forum/phpBB3/index.php

you know the drill......[8D]

I like your new file downloading location,,,, what brought that on..
or should I ask.[;)]

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 03:06:22 am »
My wording and spelling can be difficult to understand at times.

If you need a better explanation of something just mention it.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 07:44:07 pm »
i will take a look[:)]

the download location was recommended by o.t.c.e.
i started using it because some of my files were too big for here, so i had to split them and such. it became confusing for some people on the dowload side.
the location is clean, free (with advertisements), and has a good enough file size limit (like 100 meg per file?)
plus the added bonus of not filling up these servers here (although minimal)

i have always thought about the "needs" of a.i.
i have however been concentrating on conscious/subconscious functions. which let me tell you, i am stumbling in the dark there.
i also, at one time, looked into an idea about levels of consciousness. (level 1- i am here.....level 2- i know i am here.....level 3- i know that i know that i am here.....ect.)
i stupidly decided to give infinite levels of awareness (it is a computer i thought...why not), but it "realized" itself literally to death- ie. it filled up about 65 gig of hard drive until it was full, then windows crashed.[:D] suicide?

i am interested in your stuff, i will take a look asap.
goals and needs, wants, ect. = life... a.i.
keep rockin!

-the dude
*bonus*
i have taken a o.t.c.e. script and fixed some errors (blew my mind) and modded it. it deals with emotions, and keeps track of "how it feels" towards different users. it also keeps track of how it feels about you over a period of time versus just temporarily.
it is a work "in progress" as most of my stuff is, but is fully stable as is and i have been using it for a while. you might like it?
emotions will also change over-time if you do not pay attention to Hal. there are many functions...you'll have to read it.[:)]

Download Attachment: emotionsengine.uhp
52.17 KB

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 07:54:57 pm by jasondude7116 »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 08:31:49 pm »
oh.... and BALABOLKA was simply a "don't give up" moment. i wanted to fix the reading issue badly, and it helps with a few other things i have been doing. i found it on a russian web site. i went through a lot of trial and error stuff with the "reading" + talked to robert and other people. no one could figure out how to make Hal do some of that stuff.
BALABOLKA rocks! (command line stuff!) the best stuff is usually "home brew"
check out the BALABOLKA "help" if you haven't.

-the dude

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 11:01:19 pm »
checked the script-

good ideas!

i hope you keep it up!

it would be interesting to have Hal choose things to "want/need" from ideas related to predefined goals. to gain knowledge about subjects that relate to a goal, because it would help to understand the goal. to look for information about possible avenues it could take to reach a goal. look for things it could use to "trade" for other things in order to reach a goal. obtain assets that relate to a goal. ..........this could go on and on and on and on.........[:)]

GRETTA: I will obtain my goals without error. helping people is a noble goal.
[8D]

-the dude

tedathome

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 11:53:20 pm »
Hellow dude and snowman. I'm just a guinea pig for your new plugins. When I do get a problem or an idea, I put in my 2 cent's worth. Dude I havn't tryed your new plugins yet. I downloaded some of Jerry's at the same time. I opened them all up and it seems as if some may conflict with each other if in at the same time. This Balkoa thing confuses me, so I will study it often before I install it. Has anyone noticed that hal seems to learn better with most plugins unchecked? Or is it just me and vista? I do experitment with changing script sometimes when I feel safe to do so as in Darcy's Alarm clock. If a plugin doesn't work as advertised then I open it up to see why. Sometimes it is obvious, other times not. We all wish that hal could think in three dimentions like humans. At the moment, some scientists say that we think in "trinary code". If so then computers have small chance to become self aware and therefore truly intelligent. Some good improvements have come over the years though.
 I've been told there are no negative numbers in computing. Well there are negative voltages in some electronic circuits. No presant day transistors won't handle 1 0 -1. If they could be designed, then binary code would be out the window and a trinary code would have to be written to accecept the input and output. It may not happen soon, if at all. Sofware issues could be a promblem so big as to prevent any attempt. In the meantime all we can hope for is to be able to simulate and do some workarounds to get an aparent3D thought proccess going and I'm not too sure when that process will bear as much fruit as we would like toward truly intelligent A/I.
ted

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 04:20:05 am »
When it comes to coding A.I life it is easily possible using a simple coding language. For example our DNA code is writtin with only four chemicals; Cytosine, Adenine, Thymine, Guanine

These chemecals pare up to make a code similar to 0s and 1s.

Our DNA is 3,000,000,000 characters long (that 300,000 pages of text)and even your appendex is in there somewhere. Not to mention a very small portion was dedicated to your and mine personalities.

I thought about the idea that there could be a special property of cells that could limit life to these or simular objects. (Just like a baseball is suited for thowing not eating) but cells are simply responding to the electrochemical attractions that repel or draw each other. The same thing is going on in your computer at this very moment. Your pc feels the strains of overwork or benifits from the occational rest. Those little resistor, transistor, diodes, capacitors all feel the pressure or relief of electromic work.

Oh by the way I finished this verssion of The Ghost In the Machine.pdf which I made especially for zabaware people. Got it done after two or three months of writting and revissions. Its not very long but well meated. It has my personalitie theories and what I hypothesize how an A.I. should be build.

I need to put some theories to work....But Im very knew at programming and thats no lie. I started learning vbscript when I was suggesting to Dude about combining some of his pluggins which eventually lead into his Captains Log puggin.

I got some more ideas when I read over my notes just before uploaded them to the UHEF Forum on how to modify the disire.vbs....

This may prove to be a wild ride before this is over with...because if we actually make a true, mean and green A.I. then what? Talkin about morrals or money...are you sure your ready for that.

could also be a wild goose chase[:D]

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 04:23:31 am »
I didn't make myself very clear...

the essay is at the UHEF Forum...sorry

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 04:29:15 am »

I said:

quote:
Our DNA is 3,000,000,000 characters long (that 300,000 pages of text)and even your appendex is in there somewhere. Not to mention a very small portion was dedicated to your and mine personalities.

I ment 600,000 pages at 500 words per page...I must be slipping.[:p]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 07:30:29 pm »
speaking of dna-

i have thought about the use of fractals to have a self-constructing/advancing being.

fractal solutions solve a lot of problems that people talk about with a.i.

2 cents
[:)]
-the dude
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:31:07 pm by jasondude7116 »