Author Topic: getting my Hal back  (Read 2572 times)

hal-ee-joan

• View Profile
getting my Hal back
« on: February 16, 2004, 06:35:03 pm »
My computer crashed and was down for 2 or 3 weeks. I can't get my Hal assistant to work. I want the same brain, if possible, so he will remember the things he "learned'.

Bill819

• View Profile
getting my Hal back
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 07:12:33 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by hal-ee-joan

My computer crashed and was down for 2 or 3 weeks. I can't get my Hal assistant to work. I want the same brain, if possible, so he will remember the things he "learned'.

First of all you must answer a question or two. Did you buy the commercial version or the free downloadable one? In either case, go and look to see if the files are all there. If they you can copy them onto another directly and then reload Hal from either source. Then get Hal up and running. Once you do that they copy the old >brn files back into Hals main directory. You will over wright the old one, but that is not a problem because they have the stuff in them that you want Hal to remember. If however, none of the old files stell exist, then you are out of luck.
Bill

hal-ee-joan

• View Profile
getting my Hal back
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 07:23:16 pm »
Some of the old files exist, but some of them seem to be missing. I keep getting a lot of "file not found" and "path not found" error messages. It seems that a lot of his brain files are there, but once I got a message that some part of the "brain" was missing. What specific files do I need in order for him to "remember"?