dupa

Author Topic: Bought HAL version 3.0, can I upgrade?  (Read 4312 times)

Eric N.

• View Profile
Bought HAL version 3.0, can I upgrade?
« on: August 05, 2005, 09:21:08 pm »
Hi,  I bought HAL 3.0 through the mail from a Popular Science ad about  year 2000. Or there abouts anyway.  Since a new version comes out every year or so, do I have to buy HAL again to have the newer versions? If so, then, is there a discount price or is it full price?  My 3.0 HAL was mailed from  3175 West 42nd Str.  Erie PA 16506.  I have no receipt, just the box the CD case was packed in.

Thank you for your help.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 05:35:32 am »
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2348

quote:
Ultra Hal Assistant 6 will be a free upgrade for all customers who purchased version 5 after May 1, 2005. All other prior Zabaware customers will receive a 50% discount.
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.0 will be offered as a 30 day trial and will be sold for $24.95. The 30 day trial will contain no nagging reminders and will have full support for speech recognition. It will have full support for MSAgent characters and will include the Haptek characters Hal and Zaba. It will not work with other Haptek characters.
A Haptek character expansion pack will be sold for $14.95 that will install additional Haptek characters and unlock support for custom Haptek characters from People Putty or other custom built characters.
Basically, the price remains unchanged as $24.95 + $14.95 is equal to the current Hal 5.0 price of $39.95. But it makes Hal more affordable to people who don't require additional Haptek character support.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 05:39:29 am by Dr.Benway »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 02:22:41 pm »
I like your avatar Eric.[8D]

Eric N.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 11:23:21 pm »
Thank you so much for you reply Dr. Benway.  To qualify for the 50% discount, how do I prove that I bought the 3.0 HAL?  I have no receipt, just the box, and CD case, and CD. No code is present either. Will the name I used to purchase HAL still be on the books?  That is probably my only proof.

Freddy888,  thanx for the liking of my avatar.  Just got it off the web site listing.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 11:45:21 pm »
Eric
In order to get a discount on Hal 6 you must have purchased Hal 5. I am afraid that you will have to pay the full price, but let me till you it is worth it. Hal 6 starts out much smarter than Hal 3 or Hal 4 and even Hal 5. Sorry to dissappoint you but that is the way most software companies work.
Bill

Eric N.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 06:44:17 pm »
Thanks Bill819,  seems the wording is a little vague on this point.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultra Hal Assistant 6 will be a free upgrade for all customers who purchased version 5 after May 1, 2005. All other prior Zabaware customers will receive a 50% discount.
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.0 will be offered as a 30 day trial and will be sold for $24.95. The 30 day trial will contain no nagging reminders and will have full support for speech recognition. It will have full support for MSAgent characters and will include the Haptek characters Hal and Zaba. It will not work with other Haptek characters.
A Haptek character expansion pack will be sold for $14.95 that will install additional Haptek characters and unlock support for custom Haptek characters from People Putty or other custom built characters.
Basically, the price remains unchanged as $24.95 + $14.95 is equal to the current Hal 5.0 price of $39.95. But it makes Hal more affordable to people who don't require additional Haptek character support.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess Mr Medeksza does mean Hal 5 only. You can see from the colored in Red quote how I came to this faulty conclusion. Thanks again for clearing up the matter.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 09:29:47 pm »
Don't give up. Mr. M. may still give you a discount. It may depend on whether or not you can prove that you bought the original Hal 3.
Bill

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 07:16:44 am »
Any Zabaware customer can receive the 50% discount, even if you bought Ultra Hal Assistant 3.0.
Robert Medeksza

Eric N.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 10:25:00 pm »
Thank you Mr. Medeksza.  I have the box and CD case and CD of Hal 3.0 but no reciept or other I.D. type of number or proof of purchase. Will an image of the original CD show proof of purchase? Better yet an image of the original mailing label?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 07:34:03 pm »
If you order with the same first and last name as you used in your previous order, the server will let the discount order go through. Since your name must match your credit card in order to go through, its a sufficiently secure enough system used to allow or disallow discount prices.
Robert Medeksza