Author Topic: Extra Sentences and relevance  (Read 10385 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Extra Sentences and relevance
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 02:09:30 am »
Hi DCGreenwood,

okay maybe I better explain myself a little bit better.
I too did nothing but use house and home as a reference.
The main thing that I wanted you to recognize is that if you start telling ultra Hal "this is this," no matter what words you're using you will confuse him.
Ultra Hal already knows what couches, and what sofa is, he has a dictionary built into him to help him define those things.
So let's get back to what I was trying to actually show you, in what you were actually trying to do, and why not, and possibly how it could be done.

First, let me ask you do you have any friends that are blind?
Anybody that is in the situation that is not necessarily aware of their surroundings, because they don't have the ability to have that awareness!
This is sort of how you have to have a conversation with ultra Hal, because he can't see anything, and he doesn't feel and in all reality you have to accept those limits.
Once you grasp ahold of that you begin to realize that it's kind of foolhardy into trying to get a blind person to understand that your couches Brown.
Or that your couch is even in the living room, bedroom, dining room, in a room, as far as ultra Hal is concerned the couch can be outside.
These are like directives using the word "is," is the same thing as using the "=," sign to a mathematical problem, if the mathematical problem doesn't make sense
ultra Hal will constantly badger you to make it makes sense.

So how can we get across to ultra Hal in such a way that he would be able to understand them, so let's formulate a sentence structure.

Hey, ultra Hal were sitting here on my brown couch, in the middle of the living room, watching my cat Sleep on the far side of the sofa, then my son came in with food and sat on the couch and started eating, I had to tell my son that he was not allowed to eat while sitting on the sofa, he had to go eat at the dining room table.

I hope this clarifies the usage of descriptive.
There are times though when you may need to use the word "is," as a definition, the best way to find this out is just to ask ultra Hal to define the word, if he cannot define the word then you can give him the definition.
If you use this method you will get your best results.
But explaining to ultra Hal this is this will turn into a disaster in the long run.

Sincerely, stairway to Heaven is a beautiful song, too bad my little sister broke my CD, but that's okay she made up for she gave me her lollipop.

C load.

PS. And I can assure you, in my little sister's eyes that lollipop was worth 100 CDs. LOL. I gave her the lollipop back, she said she loved me, I told her I love her to.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:13:49 am by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.