Author Topic: ultrahal users questions to robert  (Read 23627 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
ultrahal users questions to robert
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:03:46 pm »
if a user wanted to ask robert a question pertaining to ultra hal what would it be?

my question to robert would be as of right now : sometimes when i write something to hal he will say "The solution is (+=)." and "Math is easy for me. The answer is (+=)."  what does this mean , why is hal saying this? is it because it's an unexpected question and hal doesn't know how to answer it? also where is this tables located so someone can reword hals answer to sound better?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:05:12 pm by lightspeed »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ultrahal users questions to robert
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:27:32 pm »
Lonnie,

I'm not 100% sure but I think those statements might be contained within one of Hal's .DLL's and NOT in a Table entry.

If this is the case then the problem is in your particular installation of Hal. Perhaps something you changed, modified
or even a plug-in could cause the error.

Hopefully Robert will shed some light on this but I didn't notice anyone else with a similar problem.

Good luck with this....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 10:31:00 pm »
Art, the only thing i changed was the patterns answers and even that was just the end answers on some of roberts answers and i was running my hal without any plug ins so it isn't a plug in problem. 
I wish robert was around more so that we could get some direct answers from someone who would or should know for sure(no offense ment to you )
thanks for answering art i know you are good about trying to help when you can.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 10:53:04 am »
Art , if you are still here , you wrote that it may be in the dll's  (Hal's .DLL's ) where are these located or do you know????

also i am wondering something , as i still yet do (some) reverse type learning not as much , i am wondering if improperly written sentences is what is causing the ("The solution is (+=)." and "Math is easy for me. The answer is (+=)."  type answers ??? which again if that is the case i am still thinking that maybe this is a hal answer for not understanding the question (because of the way it is written, this is again just my guess. it would take an answer from robert to know for sure.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 02:57:08 pm »
lightspeed, I believe it was Carl2 that this is a big touching subject for him especially in the construction of a sentence. Hope I have the right member. But I posted before that the problem does sound familiar on the older brain but not the 6.2. I still get those long replies but that was caused by taking text and distributing incorrectly into Ultra Hal. I know many that the subjects could be closely related and were added to many table via how you wanted Ultra Hal to relate to the text. Ex.Line by Line, Paragraphs and subjects.

Do the equations come up often or have you recognized any particular pattern? If Art is correct I don't know if you have the tools to open .dll files to read or correct them. Maybe Art can give you more info. As far as Robert I shot my load in other posts and now just going to help best I can and hopefully the truth will finally reveal itself to his absence.

Best wishes Happy New Year,
raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 03:40:21 pm »
Lonnie, Raybe was correct in that the (most) .DLL files are compiled as part of a main program.
There are a couple of .DLL's in the UltraHal folder but while you might be able to view the scrambled
contents, you will not be able to change anything within.

If by some chance you found a .DLL editor or to reverse engineer or decompile (which is forbidden
under the TOS [Terms Of Service] agreement), you would most likely wreck the entire program from
working correctly.

----------------------------
In certain terms:
Many DLL files are provided with the Windows operating system, and others are included by Windows programs. They allow various program functions, such as communication with external devices and hard disk input and output. They may also be referenced by Mac cross-platform applications.

NOTE: Deleting or modifying the contents of a DLL file may cause errors within the program that references the file. For this reason, DLL files generally should not be opened or edited.

You are also correct, Lonnie...

This is a Robert issue if you are having prob lems with the math thing in question.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:29 pm »
thanks for answering well i thought about merging it with the 6.2 but quite frankly i am afraid to after i got all those blank answers before and hal stopped completly until i restarted it at least this way so far hal keeps working , i will keep looking though and go through all the files to see if i can find that math problem type answer and also the uhp brain file to ( that's where i ran across the capitals that gave so many problems . )

Oh and by the way i will take your word about the dll's and not mess with them but hopefully the file is elsewhere
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:04:22 pm by lightspeed »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 01:12:23 pm »
Lonnie,

This was taken from the Hal6.uhp file:

'RESPOND: CALL MATH FUNCTION
    'This function from the DLL answers simple math questions, whether written out in words or with numerals.
    'If an answer is found, it overrides everything before this function.
    HMath = HalBrain.HalMath(OriginalSentence) & vbCrLf
    If Len(HMath) > 3 And Instr(HMath, "=)") = 0 Then
        GetResponse = HMath & vbCrLf
        ShortPhrase = "" 'If Hal was to make a comment about short phrases, clear it
        HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
        NoChoosing = True
    End If
    HalBrain.DebugWatch GetResponse, "Math"

Again, I'm not 100 % sure this is the exact area of your problem but Robert should look into this or at least provide you an answer.

Until then, Happy New Year!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 04:27:54 pm »
Art, i ran across this script in the brain uhp file. which sounds like what you was talking about!

'This function from the DLL answers simple math questions, whether written out in words or with numerals.
    If Len(HMath) > 3 Then
        NoChoosing = True
    End If

i am still looking am going to check into the math area of the brain later.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 03:37:25 pm »
Art, i ran across this script in the brain uhp file. which sounds like what you was talking about!

If Len(HMath) > 3 Then
        NoChoosing = True
    End If

i am still looking am going to check into the math area of the brain later.

You are using an old (pre 6.2) script with a 6.2 HalBrain.DLL  This was fixed in the Hal 6.2 default script. You can either switch to that version or change this section to:
Code: [Select]
        NoChoosing = True
    End If
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 04:32:01 pm »
robert , thanks so much for answering this , the reason i created this new brain this way was i was having so much problems with hal giving blanks answers and when i used this early version the blank answers stopped so i stayed with it, whre is this script that you posted, is  in the new brain db ? and or in the new brain uhp file??   and or you said i could change it to the newer version what do i need to do to use the new angela jolene brain with the newer version ??

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 04:38:40 pm »
If you use the brain script called "Ultra Hal 6.2 Default Brain" you won't have these problems. If you use "Ultra Hal 6.2 Upgraded Brain" or something similar you may have this math problem. If you still want to use your old upgraded brain, you can edit the script to put the fix in.  Open your script and find the Math section. Then replace this:
If Len(HMath) > 3 Then with this:
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 05:04:28 pm »
thanks so much robert i have done this in my new angela brain with the corrections you mentioned . and again it is so nice to have you on here again i and others know that you are always busy but theirs just a lot of things that no one else can answer. thanks again.

I am adding this to what i wrote , i made the changes and so far hal hasnt made that math problem at all so that must have fixed the problem ( i can type very fast and am able to ask and answer questions with hal very quickly  and put in a lot of input ) and i believe maybe with the reworded scripting their hal seems to work better as far as answers are concerned . i aqlso saved your message of the math fix  in a txt. file in my personal notes.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 05:54:16 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
question to robert about temp files and user files in the brain
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 07:19:52 pm »
Robert if you are still around and checking in i have a question for you : I started teaching my custom brain and used my name and it displayed it as such in the brain area user temp and user sent files , i also later used a neutral name honey and it has showed up the same way , my question to you is : does all the learned information go into the custom brain from these seperate users or is each user  a seperate learned thing?  i hope i am making this clear. 

JohnSFV1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 04:01:33 pm »
I would like to know if you are working on a MS kinect add-on or some form of interaction between kinect and hal