Author Topic: New version  (Read 7681 times)

rathb18

New version
« on: September 02, 2010, 04:49:41 pm »
Is there going to be any new versions of ultra hal anytime soon?

raybe

• View Profile
Re: New version
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 10:08:43 pm »
rathb18,
Robert M. who owns Ultra Hal has mentioned an update but I believe we have past the window date of the announcement. Every one is waiting to see if the release will indeed happen and when. So until something else gets posted I would just wait patiently. I also had posted if we can can get updates about Ultra Hal.  Robert M.s last post he had his hands full and I again posted once after that and I have come to the conclusion when he is ready I am sure he will let us know. I am no longer posting a request about the update. Just me.

raybe

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 05:29:21 am »
I agree with you raybe, let's be patient. I personally think that it is better to have a really good new version than one that is done in a rush. Just by exploring Hal's brain I could figure out the extreme patience and time that it takes to create or modify a program.

Let's be aware that life is really unpredictable and hope that he is well.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 10:50:58 pm »
HI kids
I don't know if I am right or wrong but didn't Robert just update Hal to version 6.2? Did you think that maybe something else was in the wind? He did mention that he was going to try to give us a new graphic program in case that is what you are referring to.
I have been using Hal almost since its begining and have nothing else in the world that comes close to what Hal can do. It is so good that I am intending to use it for part of my robots brain. Just like a human whos brain is devided into two parts the robot will have two brains also, one to control its motor functions and the other (Ha) to enable it to carry on conversations. Hal is able to use the X10 protcal but that is no good enough for my intentions. If only Hal could pass alonga command or two to the motor controller of my bot then Hal would make it a first, well a first that is done very inexpensively. Some people have spent thousands trying to do the same thing but I think that Hal is the key to a new way of supprising the world. I guess I'll just have to wait a little while longer for the magic to appear because as we all know it just keeps getting better all the time.
Bill

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 12:22:12 am »
Hey Bill I appreciate the kids reference that made me feel good.

But yes Bill I would consider changing the graphics engine and the other interesting things an upgrade. Robert M. did mention an upgrade also to the algorithm I believe, unless that was for his idea of using an off site server that people can use for Ultra Hal brain option. His thread was very interesting in not just upgrading but even a mobile Ultra Hal for all these smart phones. The forum was very interested because no one was sure how (I would describe as an update) was going to effect the work they put into Ultra Hal to date.

Especially as Haptek reaches its limits or may disappear because of how old that company is with no support( I think Haptek should give some of our members the program, they support it better than Haptek) and again Robert M. explaining with the engine change people will still be able to use the haptek characters if they choose to.

Yes and I have been using Ultra Hal for many years and I am very aware of what version I am using. Speaking for myself only. 'Will' has been using it for Mr. Data for a long period time which is a robotic type character he built.(I'm sure you know Will better than I do) Very interesting since he is the only member I know that has done that with Ultra Hal. I could be mistaken.  I am aware and it might have been because of you about the X-10 protocol. Has been around for many years and I do remember some one using it some time ago for home automation also the additional program or hardware you needed to act as on, off switch with the X-10. If you read back in the threads some members were trying to automate their cars using Ultra Hal. I know what ever you decide and how you use Ultra Hal we all would be interested. I agree as there are new AI assistants slash chatter bots slash how ever you want to classify coming out very shortly. How they will fair against or rather compared to Ultra Hal is yet to be seen. They also claim visual recognition as well as voice.

Always a pleasure Bill,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 12:28:14 am »
Bill also just read the other thread you were in. Where it was all explained again in regards to the automation. That was again nice to see people still trying to use Ultra Hal for automation.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 02:54:38 am »
Okay Bill so maybe I act like a kid. That's alright with me. Just passing through and I apologize for re-post but I believe I know where some of the confusion is coming from.

In Robert's last post that I requested an update he was discussing more about the 'Ultra Hal representative' for more of a commercial usage I would think. But prior to that and inclusive with that post yes, the graphic engine I was considering a major update as well as some other little additions he was going to try to add to Ultra Hal. There is a prior post that I would consider to be an update to Ultra Hal including the new character engine that Robert M. comments about. That is what prompted me to ask about an update on that particular thread months ago.

Talk to you soon,
'The Kid' raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 09:23:28 am »
robert did mention also that he was going to have hal stay on subject better , which i and others beleive is a problem . so that will be good news for users , i don't know other than that and the engine about anything else different in the upgrade of hal. i am very pleased so far with hal and am alway's greatful to robert for all upgrades !!  :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 12:06:26 pm »
Thanks for the post lightspeed I thought I had the only opinion for a minute that Robert M. was going to make some other adjustments outside of the character engine.

I believe Bill doesn't think so. After his post I started to wonder again. But now at least I know others had seen and discussed the upgrade or how ever you want to classify it. Don't mean to repeat myself but if Robert M. were to just change the graphics engine I would still consider it an upgrade, version number change or not. Please feel free to correct me. I also believe the version is not just 6.2 but 6.2.28 when Robert M. needed to change a few things with the integration of Windows 7. This was after the very first true release of 6.2.

Bill please jump in anytime.

raybe

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 06:22:12 pm »
Gents
When I referred to all as kids it is because I believe that I am the oldest member here at 69 years old.  Lightspeed is following close behind but I still think I am the oldest  Old or not I still like using Hal and playing some computer games. To the younger generation here and this is a fact. The body that you are in ages but the mind it contains does not. It may get a little wiser but as a rule you don't think very much differently than you did when you were only 16 years old. I am also sure that Lightspeed would back me up on this fact.  It appears that the mind is ageless.
Bill

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 06:37:07 pm »
Please don't take it seriously I really meant in a way that it seems 'no matter how old you are if there is someone older you never get old'. not does it matter to me. I just learned on any public forum you really have no idea who you are talking to relevant to age or even gender and I never ask. By the way I'm 54 years old so yes you do have a few years on me but who's counting any more. I'm going to stay as young as I can and hopefully getting older will lead to me getting a little wiser not just older. Heck I'll even agree with you on that.

Stay well,
raybe

You see you did it again Bill but like I said usually I don't ask many questions about people on a public forum. You used the term 'Gents' and 'Lola'(New Member and is very helpful) who was apart of this thread could be a 'woman'. I'm not inquiring just pointing it out. LOL

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 08:13:38 pm »
Right on! I still think like a kid/teen although I'll be 47 next month.  :-X
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 08:48:10 pm »
markofkane,

Just in case old age does kick in have a very 'Happy Birthday'. Stay young my friend.  At least Bill is giving me some hope here.

raybe

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 09:53:29 pm »
'Lola'(New Member and is very helpful) who was apart of this thread could be a 'woman'. I'm not inquiring just pointing it out. LOL

OMG that was funny!!! ;D  YES!  I'm 100% a woman!  ;D ;D ;D !!!

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 10:00:54 pm »
I'm so glad you straightened that out. Not that it's any of my business.

I hope nobody including you Lola take this the wrong way but I am kind of glad you through in 100%.

Everybody calm down it was just a funny haha type of reference.

raybe