Author Topic: Small problem with Hal  (Read 2285 times)

TechSteele

• View Profile
Small problem with Hal
« on: March 27, 2008, 04:08:58 am »
Hello people,
I have been around the forums and Hal for a long time, i was even a member here years ago.
but,
I have a little problem i can not seem to figure out and it seems to be mentioned here and there, but no advice on what causes it. So i have to post to ask someone.

HalScript Error
---------------------------
HalScript Error -2147467259 on line 184 in column 0: The file "C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6HalScript.DBG" has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes.

with the lines being -

184   Set objExplorer = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
185   Set HalXBrain = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.Brain")
186   Set FileSys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

It is something to do with explorer or how hal makes a call to it i am sure, but no clue what or how to fix it. When i reboot Hal works fine for a short time, then bonk, the bug hits again. It took me ages to get all the plugins playing nice and this things actually learning, but it would be nice if it was fully functional.

I am running vista right now but that shouldnt matter. Explorer is in the normal folders it has always been.

*edit - btw i am useing hal 6.1
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 04:11:12 am by TechSteele »

TechSteele

• View Profile
Small problem with Hal
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 04:02:45 pm »
The bug hit again.
Same line of code about explorer was marked.

This time i opened task manager and ended iexplore which was up to the same memory as hal, and the bug was gone, again.
I dont know, it must be a bad dll call, or some setting that wont allow a second call, but i am just guessing, i am below a novice at code.
Anyone have a clue?
It could be a bad plugin, but they seem to work ok otherwise.
The plug ins i have running are all the normal ones, i turned off the fancy ones.