Author Topic: Help parsing web page object  (Read 3254 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Help parsing web page object
« on: March 26, 2009, 08:44:30 pm »
This might be for someone who knows HTML?

If you go to this page:
http://sw.opencyc.org/#
and look at the bottom of the page, there is a box with a sentence that constantly changes.
i am trying to get the sentence every time it changes, and append it to a text file or something.

what i really need to know, is if there is a way to "obtain" the sentence every time it changes, using vbscript, for a Hal plugin function.

thanks in advance for any help.[:)]
-the dude

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 09:31:20 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

This might be for someone who knows HTML?

If you go to this page:
http://sw.opencyc.org/#
and look at the bottom of the page, there is a box with a sentence that constantly changes.
i am trying to get the sentence every time it changes, and append it to a text file or something.

what i really need to know, is if there is a way to "obtain" the sentence every time it changes, using vbscript, for a Hal plugin function.

thanks in advance for any help.[:)]
-the dude

Hi Jason.

it easy to extract info off the net using Vbscript, the refresh state would have to work as some timer in sync with the web refresh.
I already have a few projects going right now so I'll try to remember to get back to it.

Jerry[8D]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:16:16 am »
thanks jerry (saying that a lot lately)[8D]
if i had your skills i would probably never leave the pc.[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 01:49:06 am »
quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

thanks jerry (saying that a lot lately)[8D]

your welcome jason.

quote:

if i had your skills i would probably never leave the pc.[8D]

well.. I was like that, I was cranking out plug-ins sometimes two or three a day for months, I got really burned out on HAL for awhile and now it is starting to kick back in with the new version but I don't know if I'll be cranking out but 1 plug-in every other few days.

I am refurbishing my mountain house here in sierra county California and will probably be here permanently, lots of work, I have to paint all the cabinets tomorrow since the house is warm, we been having a lot of snow and finally it just burned off leaving a window of opportunity for more work.

Jerry[8D]