dupa

Author Topic: better pronoun reversal  (Read 6485 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
better pronoun reversal
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:19:04 pm »
i have spent some time adding and changing the pronoun reversal database aka Substitutions field.
i can upload the whole database file and then people could manually put it into their databases, but i was wondering if there is a way to just import a single field.
any ideas?

(it would be a lot of manual entering)

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: better pronoun reversal
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:51:28 pm »
Hi Jason.

I am not sure how we would handle this, maybe Rob has the answer to the question.
there is an option of importing .brn files but they have specific formats, I don't think it would work in your case.

maybe Rob will add a feature of importing and exporting table data to an already existing table if that option is not available in this version of HAL.

Jerry

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:24:35 pm »
Are there no SQL tools you could use ?  SQL Lite isn't it ?

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 02:38:43 pm »
yeah, there might be. i'm just not familiar with that stuff.
if anyone can figure out a way, then i will upload my table.
if not, then i will upload the whole database file, so that people can do it manually if they want.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 02:51:36 pm »
i have spent some time adding and changing the pronoun reversal database aka Substitutions field.
i can upload the whole database file and then people could manually put it into their databases, but i was wondering if there is a way to just import a single field.
any ideas?

(it would be a lot of manual entering)

Using the brain editor, open up the table. To the left of "Search" in the header row that says "Search" and "Replace with" there is an empty box. Click on it and the entire table will highlight. Click, Edit, Copy. Open notepad and click edit, paste. Save this file as a plain text file. Your table will be stored as a tab-seperated text file and you can post this text file here.

To import people just need to open the text file in notepad, then click edit, select all. Then edit, copy. Next they need to open the brain editor and open the substitutions table. Right-click anywhere in the table and select "Paste" and the table from the file will be appended.

Actually before pasting it may be a good idea to clear the table so we don't get duplicate entries. To delete records just select all rows by clicking on the upper left box, then right click and select delete row.
Robert Medeksza

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 03:01:36 pm »
thank you for the help.
i have been working on this table for a while, and will continue to do so.
reversal is hard to deal with, but this might help, and you might be able to use it also Robert.

again, thanks.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 07:47:12 pm »
okay, here is the text file to import into your Substitutions table.

IF YOU USE IT -

you might want to also use the .uhp brain file that i have attached also.
there are 3 changes in it from the 6.2 default brain.
1 - it looks for CurrentSubject in two ways. (default tries one way)
2 - it has improved sentence splitting. (builds on the default version)
3 - it makes the building of the UserSentence consistently have two spaces at the beginning and end of the UserSentence. the brain uses this feature to properly parse Substitutions and other things. (although it tries to add the spaces, the default brain was not consistent due to various parsing techniques)

the sections that were modified are clearly marked and the original stuff is still there (it is just commented out - so that it doesn't use it).

here are the install instructions per Robert:

To import people just need to open the text file in notepad, then click edit, select all. Then edit, copy. Next they need to open the brain editor and open the substitutions table. Right-click anywhere in the table and select "Paste" and the table from the file will be appended.

Actually before pasting it may be a good idea to clear the table so we don't get duplicate entries. To delete records just select all rows by clicking on the upper left box, then right click and select delete row.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:59:26 pm by jasondude7116 »

wakko151

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 02:43:14 am »
I tryed this several times but it only causes hal brain editor to crash.