Author Topic: vbscript help  (Read 2964 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
vbscript help
« on: April 28, 2011, 01:21:41 am »
Does anyone know how to get XML from internet explorer and make it plain text?

I am having an instance of "Internet Explorer Application" navigate a page that returns XML. It gets the return, but I don't know how to retrieve it.
If it were plain Text then I could use the "Document.Body.innerText" method from the Internet Explorer instance, but this is XML not text and that method doesn't work.
All I want is the XML retrieved, then changed to plain text for use in a variable.

any help is appreciated very much, thanks.
-the dude

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Re: vbscript help
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 01:37:30 am »
and another one that i have been working on:

i want to make a window (probably with an IE instance) and push a picture to it. then, when i want to push another picture from my script, i want it to go to the same window. (not create a new one)
in other words, my script wants to show a picture, so it creates the window and puts the picture in it. then my script wants to show another picture, and it puts it into the same window, removing the first picture and only showing the new picture.
i would also need to know how to destroy the window (inviting jokes, i know). also the window should have no controls. and last but not least, the script would have to be able to check if the window is still there, and if not recreate it. (in case it has been closed outside of the script)
any clue?
Thanks again
-the dude

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 10:18:43 am »
Hi Jason.

this might help.
http://www.xmlfiles.com/dom/dom_access.asp

Jerry 8)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:34:56 pm »
OTCE -
thanks, this sent me down the right path. got the problem solved. just wanted to say thanks for the help....again.  :)