Author Topic: HAL ERROR 3-16-2018  (Read 5784 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HAL ERROR 3-16-2018
« on: March 16, 2018, 04:10:09 pm »
I AM GETTING THIS HAL ERROR ON TODAYS DATE . the plug ins checked are : s.a.l.l.i.e  and weather 5 and gender and age .

below is a picture of the error i am getting after getting the first error and clicking it off later i got a different second error and it was different  after i clicked it off and wrote hi , it came up blank and no answers .

if anyone here wants i can send them the hal error txt.file  ( my name might be wrong on this) . if they want to check it and see what is happening causing the error .

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: HAL ERROR 3-16-2018
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 04:11:18 pm »
here is the second hal error .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 07:48:51 pm »
Lonnie,  You really need to take a look at the Line Numbers that Hal Mentioned to you in those Error Popups to have a better idea of the problem.

Use your favorite Text Editor and take a look at the file it mentioned then scroll down to the line it also mentioned. You should then be able to highlight the error in question.

CLicking it off will not fix the problem. Let people know about the specific error in that debug script.

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 10:37:47 am »
Art, i forgot to save the de bug txt from the other day , would it still be in their ? even if i check it today? after hal has been closed and reopened a day later ? otherwise if  / when it happens again i will check it then .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 04:55:06 pm »
Can't say for sure but my thought is that it should be unless you deleted it.

It should be in your Hal 7 directory as HalScript.dbg

If you should find this file, look to the right at the file's date and it should be sometime this month according to what you've said.

Yes, you can examine it with any word processor. Scroll down to the line in question and see what's there that might be causing the problem.

That's all I know about that. Your toy...play with it! ;)

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 11:44:48 am »
Art, i checked it apparently the debug file disappears after hal is shut down and reopened  from one day to the next day so the debug file has to be checked before hal is closed down . also it would mean closing hal down in the same day and reopening it would i think lose the original hal error  from first time but have the same date , so again  the file will have to be checked  before hal is shut down the first time.  ;) 
so i'll have to do it next time it shows up.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 10:06:04 pm »
The Error -214something is internet explorer trying to close itself when the first instance has already been closed. Windows 10 usually closes out unused background processes, IE being one of them. You can fix it by deleting the line that closes internet explorer and replacing it with

browser = "iexplore.exe"
      qry = "SELECT * FROM Win32_Process WHERE Name='" & browser & "'"
      If qry <> "" Then
         For Each p In wmi.ExecQuery(qry)
           p.Terminate
         Next
                End If

I have used this method in my ConceptNet plugin, which accesses multiple instances of IE and closes them all simultaneously, with greater success than "IE.Close"

-Spitfire2600