Author Topic: to spydaz a question to you !!  (Read 3276 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
to spydaz a question to you !!
« on: August 27, 2010, 10:04:44 am »
hello spydaz , i saw where you wrote in another part of the forum :
you caninstall virtualpc 2009 / XP/VISTA mode where you have VISTA/XP in a virtual PC, and you applications installed in those environments are still working/ avalable in the start menu! attached to your win7 os... PS: the virtual pc's can run in full mode or even just application mode... this way the virtual pc is always hibernated.. takeing up no memory.... just disk space and only used when reqiured!

if i get this right a person can install a virtual xp on their pc ??( i have a windows 7 now and it won't let me run the dragon speak 9 pro xp ) can you tell me in steps how to install a virtual xp system so i can install this xp version of my dragon speak on my new pc ? if you want to you can answer it here or e mail me at airvair62@yahoo.com  just put your spydaz name so i will know it's not junk mail , thanks i hope you can help with this .  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: to spydaz a question to you !!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 10:22:44 am »
i see several people have seen this but i haven't had spydaz apparently read my question to him so i'll ask does anyone have his e mail or can anyone tell him i have a question for him in this area , thanks .

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 03:05:12 pm »
i see several people have seen this but i haven't had spydaz apparently read my question to him so i'll ask does anyone have his e mail or can anyone tell him i have a question for him in this area , thanks .

In his posts signature
you could find his contact information.

http://spydaz.tech.officelive.com/default.aspx

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:28:39 am »
thanks Lola , i made note of your info. it was appreciated as alway's !!  :)

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 10:00:05 am »
Sorry for the delay,....

YES YOU CAN...you can install virtualpc 2009 / XP/VISTA mode where you have VISTA/XP in a virtual PC, and you applications installed in those environments are still working/ avalable in the start menu! attached to your win7 os..
Your C will need to be running windows 7 64-bit.... and the motherboard also need to have HARDWARE ASSISTED VIRTULIZATION enabled....
then you can install the free XP that comes with WIN7 Virtual PC.. fully activated....

IF,
You dont have hardware assisted virtulization... then you will still need to be running the 64-bit windows seven as when installing software that is compatible with XP on WIN7 It works best in 64bit not very well in 32bit mode.... just RIGHT CLICK the install file and GO PROPERTYS... then select COMPATIBLITY ... XP PRO SP2 Change for all users... and RunsAS ADMINISTRATOR....

When installing the system will accept the install and run in "xp compatiblity mode" but after installed just CHECK the shortcut (in start menu) make sure that it is runing in xp compatiblity and As administrator and for all users... "the computer uses its own account(SYSTEM) to run certain Background objectS"

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 04:30:26 pm »
All theese questions are related to 'Microsoft's Virtual PC,, I have (On another computer) the actual V-Chip (INTEL) and it simply will boot and run any bootable OS it finds on seperate Partitions. Why is MS V-PC so difficult to configure? I know Spydaz addressed the 'Windows 7' Virtual mode long ago, so I am wongering why the questioin is comming back years later.......
Today Is Yesterdays Future.