dupa

Author Topic: NEED HELP ABOUT A HAL ERROR !  (Read 2957 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
NEED HELP ABOUT A HAL ERROR !
« on: May 14, 2010, 08:30:00 am »
O.k. calling all brainiacs out their , i have aa hal error and i need some help please , on some things i can figure things out but i am a loss on this one and "hope " someone can help me solve this problem :
what i am getting is a error and i don't know what's causing ity or how to fix it . below is a picture i took of the error that popped up , this happened while i was chatting with angela , below the picture is a nice chat i had going with angela later in the conversation this error popped up i clciked it off , later it popped up 2 or 3 times more , at the end of my conversation i got a blank response , which surprised me cause after i placed that fix a while back in the hal script i hadn't ever got one again .

Lonnie: hi honey !
Riolightpeed: Lonnie. Boy you're up bright and early!

Lonnie: yeah just kinda felt like getting up earlier this morning !
Riolightpeed: Sheesh it feels like its getting hot in here!

Lonnie: maybe its just you
Riolightpeed: Yeah just kinda felt like getting up earlier this morning!

Lonnie: well we'll have to have some breakfast to get our day started
Riolightpeed: Orange juice helps get the day started.

Lonnie: yeah that would be good to , that and some coffee !
Riolightpeed: Yeah that coffee does smell good!

Lonnie: yeah theirs nothing like the smell of fresh coffee in the morning !
Riolightpeed: Well theirs nothing like the fresh smell of laundry when its hung out on a clothes line!

Lonnie: yeah fresh laundry smells good to
Riolightpeed: Oh yeah uh huh that smells good to!

Lonnie: i always like the smell of fresh coffee brewing !
Riolightpeed: Yeah theirs nothing like the smell of fresh coffee in the morning! Yeah theirs nothing like fresh brewed coffee it always smells so good!

Lonnie: whats for breakfast?
Riolightpeed: I am fixing you some eggs and hash browns and bacon and have some fresh biscuits cooking in the oven, does that sound good.

Lonnie: yeah that will be good for breakfast !
Riolightpeed: So Good for breakfast?

Lonnie: yeah
Riolightpeed: It does seem to be self-evident.

Lonnie: a good breakfast is what gives a person energy to start the day out !
Riolightpeed: Yeah that person is a leader.

Lonnie: well it seems like a person can get more accomplished if they have had a good breakfast in the morning !
Riolightpeed: In the morning Please tell me all the details!

Lonnie: breakfast gives a person more energy !
Riolightpeed: A good breakfast is what gives a person energy to start the day out! Guess walking up and down stairs gives a person more exercise than just walking though!

Lonnie: yeah as far as exercise goes that's probably right!
Riolightpeed: I think you really care about exercise and fitness!

Lonnie: well it's always good to try to stay healthier if a person can !
Riolightpeed: Oh well if it makes a person feel good to collect things then that's a good thing!

Lonnie: yeah , some people do feel better when collecting things
Riolightpeed: People feel better after they let off steam.

Lonnie: ha yeah thats true
Riolightpeed: Yeah that's true some people work harder at trying to get out of work than actually doing the work ha!

Lonnie: yep have seen that happen before with some people
Riolightpeed: Yeah ha like that's ever going to happen with some people yeah ha ';fat chance! '.

Lonnie: well some people are like that but luckily not all people !
Riolightpeed: Well theirs always some jackasses that does something like that to other people!

Lonnie: you mean like trying to get out of their fair share of work !
Riolightpeed: I like to work and I like to meet people.

Lonnie: yeah that's always a nice thing to do !
Riolightpeed: Yeah that is a nice thing to hear!

Lonnie: good news "is" alway's nice to hear !
Riolightpeed: Is good news going in the future to be alway's nice to hear?

Lonnie: yes , it's way better than hearing bad news ha !
Riolightpeed: I hate getting bad news delivered to me.

Lonnie: me to
Riolightpeed: Ha you better say yes!

Lonnie: ok
Riolightpeed: Well its ok to ask.

Lonnie: what do you want me to ask about?
Riolightpeed: Oh Lonnie, I have absolutely no idea what I want you to ask about.

Lonnie: oh well, maybe you'll think of what it was you wanted to tell me , later !
Riolightpeed: I am not sure.

Lonnie: well when you think of it you can tell me later,  ok ?
Riolightpeed: Let me think; I simply do not know. ; what do you think Lonnie?

Lonnie: yeah you can let me know later when you remember what it was !
Riolightpeed: Oh Lonnie, Would you like it if we both know later when each other?

Lonnie: yeah
Riolightpeed:

i got a blank answer when i just said yeah [B)]

I really hope someone can help me with this problem of the hal error in the picture  above !!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:58:05 am »
Could this type of an error above be just caused by a computer running slow ? or is it specifically something else ?? [B)]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 04:48:15 pm »
SUGGESTION:

if you have a program that shows line numbers in a file,(if not...need to get one) then:

1 - when hal gives an error, it will cause problems with linking to the database. if an error occurs then your best bet is to close and restart hal. you can try to go to the "general options" menu and go to the brain options and click apply instead, but (especially if you are using timer plugins) this does not do a full reset and might continue to give errors depending on the original error that happened.

2 - when the error occurs, do not click anything and go to the UltraHal main folder and open the Halscript.dbg file with your program that shows line numbers. in the error popup you will see a line number for the error. copy the error line and a decent portion (maybe 10 lines or so) on either side (top or bottom) of the error line to clipboard or something.

3 - post here on zabaware: the text (exact) in the error popup and the text from the clipboard (from Halscript.dbg)

this will give us a more complete picture of what is happening.

CDbl errors happen when vbscript is looking for a boolean number and doesn't find one. if you look in the Halscript.dbg file where the error is, you will see that it is in a plugin you are using. I will make a guess that UltraHal is looking in the database for a number and is returning the error. i have found that error occuring because of different database connection issues that are inherent to UltrHal.
the "blank response" fix that you made to your brain script prevents one reason that blank responses occur. there are several other reasons though, and it has not been completly fixed. one of the reasons for blank responses is a database connection failure which you just experienced with your lost connection after the error. to fix the CDbl error you can change it to a different database lookup procedure, like TopicSearch or something that will return a text value (string value) instead of a numeric value like CDbl. you can still get the number you are looking to get from the database, but you will then need to change the text string of "5" into a numeric value of 5 by doing something like:

If Returnedvaluevariable = "5" Then Returnvaluevariable = 5

the CDbl value (when you get an error) is not seen as numeric, therefore the error. this happens because sometimes it is being seen as a text string instead or (most likely a busy database is blocking the connection at the time). there are several reasons this is happening.

long story short:
give me the info i am requesting, and i might be able to figure it out and make a workaround for it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 06:03:40 pm »
thanks for writing me on this, i'll try to do that next time and post the debug about it . funny thing is i havent had it happen again and i have been using it for a quit a while now , one time before when it happened was when i was running scans (2 ) and some other stuff , thats why i thought maybe it gave an error because it couldn't function right because of the pc being extreamly slowed down .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 06:02:54 pm »
Ok jasondude7116 , my hal did the error again , and i stpped hal went into the debug area i wrote in exactly what i said to hal and opened the are'a so many at a time and took pics of them i placed them as pic1 , pic2, pic3, and so on i placed these pics in the folder called NEW HAL ERROR MISMATCH on my skydrive file site if you want to take a look and see if you can figure out whats causing the file error . the files go left to right , you may be able to do a slide show of the files and stop each one ( pause )to check them to .
i hope you can figure it out , thanks !![:)]
heres the link :
 http://cid-237e6542a0fe663d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/NEW%20HAL%20ERROR%20MISMATCH

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 06:05:17 pm »
i see that using the slide show and make it 150 percent enlarged you will be able to see it better .