dupa

Author Topic: installation problem  (Read 3456 times)

kackemel

• View Profile
installation problem
« on: May 22, 2010, 11:17:17 pm »
I'm having issues getting hal to install.  I'm useing the installer downloaded from the main site.

I start the install, it goes through several things, screen flash's a sec while it installs something in the background several times, but when it gets down to the line that says

Installing Animated Characters
Execute: C:DOCUME~1kemelLOCALS~1Temphapplayer41139.exe /S

It just flash's once like its trying then just hangs and does nothing. This is useing hal 6.2.

I dont rly know what to try, theres nothing to go on in the event viewer, any help would be appreciated.

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
installation problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 07:41:45 am »
Can you tell us what version of Windows you are running?

kackemel

• View Profile
installation problem
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 12:51:55 pm »
Windows xp tablet edition, .net framework and directx both up do date (cause I thought it might be one of them screwing it up.  I got hal 5 working after manualy installing happlayer, but I'd rather have 6, is there a way to manualy install hal6 skiping the happlayer installation?

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
installation problem
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 08:29:35 am »
Hmm, Im not sure if Hal runs on xp tablet edition, maybe someone else will know, but I think that is your problem.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
installation problem
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 05:50:55 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by kackemel

Windows xp tablet edition, .net framework and directx both up do date (cause I thought it might be one of them screwing it up.  I got hal 5 working after manualy installing happlayer, but I'd rather have 6, is there a way to manualy install hal6 skiping the happlayer installation?

During installation press ctrl-alt-del to bring up the task manager and kill the process happlayer41139 and Hal's installation will continue without the Haptek player.
Robert Medeksza