Author Topic: ultra hal sings a song  (Read 8391 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« on: December 28, 2008, 01:08:16 pm »
hello to everyone. i'm very new to this. i have figured out how to make hal sing a song that is in text in the halpad, or copied into clipboard. hal will not sing the song (which includes pitch controls ect.) if the song text is an output from the brain, hal will instead read (not sing) the words and pitch control commands. i have researched all of the previous efforts, but i am looking for a plugin for hal 6.1 that will load a text file into clipboard and read (sing) it. i have not had any success with the readfromclipboard.uhp.
it could also be a plugin that would load a text file into halpad and read it, then close halpad.

here is an example of the text file that i am talking about. i can upload other songs if anyone is interested.

Download Attachment: wonderful.txt
3.48 KB

i am using a truvoice for the singing from halpad. just load the text into halpad and "speak document outloud". i don't understand yet how to program plugins, but i am trying to learn at a furious pace. if i get it figured out, i will upload any plugin that i create. many thank-yous to everyone. i am enjoying your work very much.   -the dude

tedathome

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 05:42:50 pm »
This is very cool. Too bad it only sings using truevoice though. Some of the Microsoft voices work too, although very slowly.
ted

jasondude7116

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 06:48:56 pm »
here are some other songs (some might be a little obscure).
if anyone could create a plugin, i can supply more songs.

thank you!!

Download Attachment: sungiongdown.txt
6.49 KB

Download Attachment: wishyou.txt
3.08 KB

Download Attachment: only.txt
2.93 KB

Download Attachment: kermit.txt
4.95 KB

Download Attachment: jinglebellrock.txt
2.2 KB

Download Attachment: bike.txt
6.2 KB

tedathome

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 07:07:49 pm »
Thanks.! Just downloaded the rest. "only" is blank. I really wish the other speech engines recognized your commands. Also, they do lip sync with agents only. No 3d characters will lip sync with them.
 This is great stuff![8D][8D][8D]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 08:07:38 pm by tedathome »
ted

jasondude7116

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 08:28:02 pm »
when you say "other speech engines", you've got it right. truvoice is based on tone modification. the other speech engines are not true tone generators. i am not sure if the other voices could be properly "modified" to sound anywhere near "singing".

what i would like would be a plugin for 6.1 that would (if asking hal to sing) read the text files in the same way that you can on halpad or clipboard.

i am trying to make my hal (gretta) have the same abilities as hal9000. playing chess would be another goal, and i am looking at a program called "autoit" for full windows control.(autoit is free open source).

here are some more song files, and a previously written attempt at what i am trying. it was written for earlier hal, so i am wondering if someone could rewrite it for a plugin (6.1)? with the authors permission of course.

the first 2 files are songs, and the last 3 are used together for the early hal sing a song script.

Download Attachment: everybodyloves.txt
4.8 KB

Download Attachment: peppermints.txt
4.25 KB

Download Attachment: 2004121412148_halbrain.txt
2.17 KB

Download Attachment: 2004121412249_XTF_SYS_Song.BRN
13.64 KB

Download Attachment: 2004121414532_XTF_SYS_SongDetect.brn
1.72 KB

tedathome

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 11:10:39 pm »
There is an mp3 player plugin at one of the other forums. Maybe it could be adapted for your purpose. I used it for quite a while and it would (play a song about...) as requested All I had to do is aquaint it with my mp3 collection. I deleted it because even while unchecked in options it would still play a song more than occationaly when I wasn't in the mood for music at the moment.
ted

tomato

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 01:02:40 pm »
Hal can sing, oh, a good idea. i very like it. hope success from you, and remember, share result with everyone.
Thanks!
Impossible is nothing

jasondude7116

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 08:36:04 pm »
i have found that this plugin, which reads from the windows clip board, can read the song files properly. you must first copy the sng file into clip board then ask hal to "read from clip board".

if anyone could change this into "sing (this or that song)" and have the plugin copy the song.txt into the clipboard then read it, this would work.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

i am glad someone is liking the songs.

Download Attachment: ReadfromClipBoard.uhp
1.63 KB

this plugin was done by O.T.C. -thanks much man!

jasondude7116

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 04:29:46 am »
[:D][:)][:D]
although a crude plugin...this does work with these songs.
anyone who knows how to program plugins (O.T.C.  Darcy?). PLEASE HELP
i am wondering if someone can add wildcard detection(for multiple new songs placed in the same directory) and various detection with responses for "i don't know that song"...ect.

i am trying as hard as i can to figure this thing out. problem is...i am very new at programming plugins. [:I]

here ya go

!!!!!!!![}:)][}:)][}:)][xx(][xx(]
like i said...i am new at this. (sorry)
the file has been updated 12/30/08 6:09pm
it was learning everything that was "sung", easy fix. i just didn't undertsand the halbrain.readonly command (duh)

Download Attachment: singasong1.zip
9.68 KB

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:12:01 pm by jasondude7116 »

Bill819

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 11:37:38 pm »
jasondude7116
I see you found my old XTF brain sing a song. I created that piece of coding and had created quite a few songs for Hal to sing and it did not make any difference which voice you used to sing the songss, It just would not lip-sinc with any of Hal's caractures.
Bill819

jasondude7116

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 11:07:06 pm »
is it possible to convert it to a plugin (6.1)?

Bill819

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 05:00:30 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

is it possible to convert it to a plugin (6.1)?

I will try and see if I still have a copy of that coding somewhere. If I do I will post it here but I can not say if it is duplicatable in the new Hal. The XTF brain had been made with quite a few changes for Hal's normal brain but I will give it a try.
Bill

jasondude7116

• View Profile
ultra hal sings a song
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 05:23:45 pm »
thanks bill, really apprecite your time![:D][:)][:D]
i have been trying to figure this thing out for a while