dupa

Author Topic: can a person create a script that will let hal read an audio book  (Read 4777 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
this is a question for the gifted script writers on here . can someone create a script that will allow hal to read audio books from a file folder in hals directory? i don't know what audio books are usually in i would think wav. or mp4 .
I think it would be cool if hal could lip sinc to the audio books as if he or she was reading them . (would work like hal reading regular written script except hal would play the audio book instead , also "IF" possible a person could say "pause" and hal would pause the audio and say "continue" and hal would read again.

The pause and continue part would be important as audio books are lengthy .

Anyway i thought something like this would be cool , I hope it can be done!
:)

would like to hear what others think , their is amny possiblilties of this .hal reading a story to you or even a jack and the bean stock story to a kid or grandkid!  ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: can a person create a script that will let hal read an audio book
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:24:12 am »
I am hoping that everyone understand the way i wrote this(most of the time  it's my fault for the way i word things) , i am not talking about a reading text uhp file someone already wrote that and it works good but what i am talking about is a uhp plug in and script that will play a pre recorded audo book (AND) have a command word (either typed and or spoken ) example read "etc" stop , and continue .
and hal would be able to lipsinc to the words as if reading it .
ME and Ted was talking about it and saying it would have to be converted over to an ogg file for hal to read it , but i am thinking maybe that way so hal could read it but still also in a wave file to for the actual audio so it would retain the actual human voice telling the story .
 can something like that be done ...? i don't know others on here would know better then me on that or if done another way! 

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:29:26 am by lightspeed »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 10:18:46 am »
Why not just buy a program that reads books like that ?

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 10:37:23 am »
depends if the program that is used for the audio files is open sourced. can it be controlled by the registry. if it can then I would say yes.

What program is it?

Jerry

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 09:13:02 am »
maybe freddy888 is right if their is a program out their that will let a written comand (and voice command )for stop and continue run audio books , then hal would be able to run it but that wouldn't as far as i know let hal lipsinc the mouth movement with the words unless i am wrong .
but others on here are far more in the know about this then me .

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 08:22:44 pm »
lightspeed....the ogg file will be virtually the same audio as the wav file, will it not? in other words, it will retain the same voice from the original wav file.
but what i don't really know about is how that will work with the lipsync (haptek engine). would have to try that to find out. i don't use a haptek character. believe it or not, i use the haptek background picture to display an emot.

Amanda Interactive

• View Profile
    • AmandaInteractive.Com
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 10:07:56 pm »
It can be done if you have the Haptek Ogg Factory program because it has a command line function so Hal can be instructed to run the necessary command line to convert a wav to ogg.

And then additional scripting can be added to automatically load the ogg file into the Haptek player immediately after the conversion process has completed. But you have to have the Haptek Ogg Factory to do all that with Hal.