Author Topic: A small problem  (Read 3557 times)

mikeP

• View Profile
A small problem
« on: March 11, 2010, 12:55:58 pm »
The Attached image is the error I get when attempting to add a brain to hal. This is a fresh installation of hal on windows vista ultimate on a brand bew computer. The message makes no sense to me at all.

Can someone help?

Bill819

• View Profile
A small problem
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:46:00 pm »
I don't know what your problem is but if you are using Vista you have to get Vista to allow Hal to be installed beffore it will work right.  At least that is what I get from reading past post.
Bill

onthecuttingedge2005

A small problem
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 01:55:24 am »
quote:
Originally posted by mikeP

The Attached image is the error I get when attempting to add a brain to hal. This is a fresh installation of hal on windows vista ultimate on a brand bew computer. The message makes no sense to me at all.

Can someone help?

you were trying to install over a much older version of HAL, I had that happen once, try uninstalling HAL completely then re-installing the updated version.

make sure you make backup copies of all your old brain files or you might lose them if you wish to revert.

mikeP

• View Profile
A small problem
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 08:37:34 am »
I have only installed hal 6.2 on this new machine.

If you read the error message, it is nonsense. It says I have version 4.0 and then suggests I install 4.0.

I continue to be confused.

mikeP

• View Profile
A small problem
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 10:36:00 pm »
I completely installed the OS from the rescue disk, loaded norton 360, then ultra hal. Tried to install uncensored hal and STILL get the same idiotic error message.

HELP!

sybershot

• View Profile
A small problem
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 09:02:14 pm »
the first time I installed hal on vista I had to disable "User account controls" try that I hope it helps