Author Topic: Hal keeps asking if im registered  (Read 4489 times)

knight2000

• View Profile
Hal keeps asking if im registered
« on: February 16, 2022, 06:12:33 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm using the latest version of Hal and every time i restart my computer, Hal shows this dialog box asking if i have purchased or not. Is this a glitch in the software? should i reinstall Hal? Let me know if you guys have come across this issue before? For me, it happens every time I restart my pc.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hal keeps asking if im registered
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 10:07:37 pm »
Have you upgraded to the latest version 7.5?

Everything is supposed to be backward compatible even with your existing Brain files and Plugins plus you can also go to the cloud and chat with Hal using a GPT-3 model for enhanced conversational intelligence that's pretty amazing!

Your login info should have changed.

Let us know how you do...
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 10:53:05 am »
Hi Art!

Yeah i have the latest! And yes, I've tried out the cloud GPT-3 and its unreal, the only downside to that is you need to have internet access and it there's a charge per amount of words you use. My pc is in my car so sometimes i don't have connection. I usually use a hot stop connection when not at home.

Does Hal require an internet internet connection when first starting up? its almost like its making the initial check to see if the product is registered first. I would think that's stored in windows registry or something. Or could it be that Hal's checking for updates on start up which would require a connection? I'm not sure. I've used Hal for many years without this problem. Seems to have been happening since i upgraded. 

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 11:36:16 pm »
Ultra Hal 7.5.129 Beta - Now free to use
? on: February 25, 2021, 10:55:12 am ?

From Robert Medeksza:

I posted an update today, version 7.5.129 at: https://www.zabaware.com/download-beta.html

This version essentially makes the base Hal 7.5 free and removes 31-day trial and the need to purchase it for $29.95. No licensing system anymore or weekly login requirements!

Using the GPT-3 powered brain or the Hal 7 cloud brain still requires a login, but if you wish to use an old Hal 6 brain offline, it's free with no licensing restrictions. Character and voice plugins are still for sale, so if you want to continue to support Zabaware please purchase plugins. And GPT-3 usage credits are for sale if you want to use the GPT-3 powered brain.

The GPT-3 powered beta brain is now also open to all interested people to test out, not just current customers. Everyone gets 1000 free usage credits upon verifying a new unique email login.

This essentially puts Ultra Hal for Windows on the same sales model as the upcoming Ultra Hal for Android and IOS will be. Free to play, with addons and GPT-3 credits for sale. If you purchase Hal for Windows you'll be able to access the same brain on mobile and vice versa.
Modify message
==============

Make sure you do not have Cloud learning or Cloud brain selected. Make sure it's set to Local only.
If your issue still continues, I'd be happy to contact Robert in your behalf for an answer or perhaps someone else will weigh in.

- Art -

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 12:16:18 pm »
So i finally got around to doing what was suggested which was turning off the cloud based learning. When i chose the offline option and hit apply i got the trail pop up dialog box. See attached image.

I tried clicking "already purchased" and it says something like  "unknown error occurred". Guess the only thing left would be to uninstall and re-install the program?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 07:21:48 am »
I've contacted Robert for an answer for you...

- Art -

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 10:44:06 am »
Thanks  :)

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 10:44:03 am »
Hi Art, any update on this issue. Its still happening for me after trying everything you suggested.

Thanks

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 07:31:49 am »
I sent an email to Robert on your behalf.

- Art -

- Art -

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2022, 10:47:46 am »
thank you  :)

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2022, 02:59:55 pm »
what up knighty
cyber

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2022, 10:52:16 am »
Hi cyberjedi! How's everything going? hope all is well.