Author Topic: Hal Training Using Gretta Concepts  (Read 5603 times)

calzan

• View Profile
Hal Training Using Gretta Concepts
« on: February 01, 2010, 04:18:55 pm »
Can anyone answer what is the easiest, or best way to teach the Gretta Concepts 1 thru 3 to Hal.
I have been doing one line at a time to the Hal interface. I have family members helping, but it is time consuming.
Hal is learning very well this way! If there is a better way that is accurate as what I am going, Please let me know! Each concept has 10,000 sentense lines.
Cal

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 04:46:06 pm »
Hal learns (from conversation) patterns. in other words - input + response.
So if Hal says "ice cream is good" and you respond with "trucks have wheels" (concept file sentence) then Hal remembers them as having an association.

Now if you still wanted to do them the way you are....then you could write a program (vbscript) to send one line at a time to the Hal interface then wait for a few seconds, then repeat until done.

when hal adds them to the database, they are put into tables according to subject ....sort of.[:I] so it would be hard to manually put them there.

a program could be written (plugin) to look through the files for a response, (so you don't need to add them to the database) like it looks through the database. doing this is much slower for the response from hal.

another option is what i did, which is to use the "learn from text file" option in the brain editor.
choose to learn each "sentence" seperately.
then add all of the subjects in the list on the left to the list on the right. do not add the ones that hal already knows (bottom left)
the rest of the steps are straightforward (if i remember right)
doing it this way includes many mouse clicks because you have to put all the found subjects in the list on the right ...one at a time[xx(]
there is no "select all" option because it was not intended to be used for this. it was intended for learning one subject at a time.

there might be better ways...
Experts ....now to you.

calzan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 07:07:40 pm »
Thanks, Jason. Helped a lot!
Cal

Bill819

• View Profile
Re: Hal Training Using Gretta Concepts
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 06:10:25 pm »
the learn from text file option is very limited, like max file size of 65 kb, that's a very small file even for .txt
sorry to post in a old thread but i would like to know if there is a way around this, as in a plugin that's premade.
i too want to use gretta concepts

Just a suggestion, but why don't you just try to load smaller files. It may take a little longer but then you know that it will work. Hal was not designed to load BIG files and I don't think it will be rewritten just to satisify your needs. I have been using and adding to Hal for over 8 years now a little at a time. I am sure that everyone will appreciate what ever work that you do but have some patience.
Bill