Author Topic: Is it possible?  (Read 5664 times)

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
Is it possible?
« on: March 09, 2011, 05:23:45 am »
Hi all, i was wondering if it is Possible to save all hal's brain data on an external hard drive?

as any one done this and is there any complications to it?

Cheers

Andy

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:29:45 am »
hi Grimsey1986
as far as i understand it is possible but usually hal is on a c drive system and so don't know if that part will make a difference or not , someone else probably knows on here for sure.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:53:11 pm »
do you mean the entire program (where you can run it from there) or do you mean just the brain files only?
maybe you could give a little detail of what you are trying to accomplish.

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 08:53:29 pm »
sorry yeah not much info on the first post - well what i was thinking was running hal in C hard drive and brain on an external hardrive that way can have more space so hal can learn more information or can you even spilt the brain memory between and external hard drive and c/d drive reason i ask is because i have 70gb free on Cdrive 74gb on Ddrive and have an external hard drive with 2TB so would prefer to use that if i could? it all depends on how much space hal requires i suppose i imagen it is quite a lot to learn and store information?

Cheers

Andy
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:55:32 pm by Grimsey1986 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 09:19:13 pm »
sorry yeah not much info on the first post - well what i was thinking was running hal in C hard drive and brain on an external hardrive that way can have more space so hal can learn more information or can you even spilt the brain memory between and external hard drive and c/d drive reason i ask is because i have 70gb free on Cdrive 74gb on Ddrive and have an external hard drive with 2TB so would prefer to use that if i could? it all depends on how much space hal requires i suppose i imagen it is quite a lot to learn and store information?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy.

HAL is only 20mb in the default installation, with extra plug-ins it would add up only a little, any of your drives will suffice really. now if your bot has like 300 buddies on its buddy list then maybe use the 70Gb drive, it will still take a very long time to fill it up.

Jerry 8)

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 12:24:40 pm »
thanks for the info i wont bother with using my external hard drive,

thanks again to all of you who replied

cheers

andy