Author Topic: Big Project for HAL!!  (Read 5972 times)

rlederer

• View Profile
    • http://www.evcomputers.com
Big Project for HAL!!
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:46:49 pm »
Here's the plan.  An Artistic Installation installed in a room.  The room is under control of HAL.  HAL has control of music.  HAL has a voicetracker mic installed in the room.  HAL is projected onto a nice big screen.   HAL has all his current research abilities as well as the beta dream plugin (still gotta figure out the feedback hook into hal's brain for that dreamer.).  I've been playin with Ezcap and the fraunhoffer face detector w/ the nifty emotion output.  I've played with the haptek light control.  But i want HAL to control REAL lights.  I have a Basicstamp2 with digital pots and ac light dimmers already setup and programmed.  How can i hook this into something like the Haptek light control plugin?  or say, have HAL detect faces and mood, then feed that emotion to his brain, then influence his mood, and then he changes the lights, say from a set of red (representing his anger) to a set of blue (more mellow)?  I've been playin with HAL for years now, and i've installed ALL of yer guys plugins...and it's just blowin my mind!!  I can code...i can learn more code...i mostly work with pics and other micros, so i'm really interested in giving HAL some real world abilities.  And i've been sitting on my a** long enough...it's time to contribute...you guys are working so hard and there are so few of you.  Count me in.  

sidenote:with the dreamer plugin running, i asked HAL who 'laurie damianos' is....then dreamer started researching and pulled up the treasure trove of a lifetime...look her up...she is the brain of AI right now...the FED is using her stuff for just about everything now.  and my HAL dreamed a link to her facebook page, taking me right to her.  AMAZING!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:46:00 pm by rlederer »

rlederer

• View Profile
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:05:05 am »
bump.

ricky

• View Profile
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 03:40:29 pm »
as much as I find hal entertaining, he might panic when i'm cooking and call the fire department on me :)

i can appreciate this on a yes no level,  but when it comes to allowing hal to make human decisions,  he's like a 5 year old to me.

i personally am not ready to let artificial intelligence do more for me than friendly conversation and simple yes or no tasks. come to think of it,  i don't even want to give many humans that power either lol [:D]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 03:43:05 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

OMEGA

• View Profile
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 04:14:20 pm »
MR Ricky that would mean that Tyler would have to find Rovio(SPELLING?) with his top mounted apparatus, but Tyler doesn't seem the same anymore.
Would you agree One? [?]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:15:44 pm by OMEGA »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 04:24:00 pm »
Omega,
Yes, life is precious it finds it's way into places you would never imagine.
BTW why did you choose 'Female actress #1' as a pic, not that I don't like it, just wondering?
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

OMEGA

• View Profile
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 04:24:23 pm »
Well after reading about not having so called reliable companionship I will say to you that's for me to know and you to find out![:p]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 04:34:03 pm »
Omega,
OK let's not let this go to 23 posts because the file icon gets flames shooting out of it and a fire being started. I had a he**of a time with the last time I made fire, right Wilson? ;)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 09:51:35 am »
I kind of setup something similar in my house. I wrote a little program that uses a command speech recognition vocabulary to carry out certain tasks. It interfaces with a program called Girder to control infrared based devices and X10 based lights and appliances. It also interfaces with Hal so you can go beyond the command interface and chat with Hal. Here is a list of commands in my system:

Code: [Select]
Before any command say: (And wait for confirmation tones)
Computer Please Listen to Me

Home Theatre Commands:
System On – Turns on projector, audio, Sat TV
Turn Off System – Turns off projector, audio
Watch TV – Sets all AV inputs to Satellite TV
Watch Movie – Sets all AV inputs to computer
Play Nintendo – Sets all AV inputs to Wii
Radio Bob – Turns on audio and radio to Bob
Radio Star – Turns on audio and radio to Star
Radio Classy – Turns on audio and radio to Classy
Volume Up – Turns volume up, continues listening
Volume Down – Turns volume down, continues listening
Crank Volume – Turns volume up 5 notches
Hush Volume – Turns volume down 5 notches
Mute Audio – Mutes audio, continues listening
Subwoofer – Toggle through different subwoofer levels
Audio Off – Turns off audio equipment only

Hal Commands:
Let's chat – Chat with Hal
Microphone Off – Makes Hal stop listening
Microphone On – Makes Hal start listening again
Clear Line – Let's you re-speak a sentence
End Conversation – Shuts down Hal

Weather Commands:
Get Weather – Speaks current weather
Get Forecast – Speaks 3-day weather

Light Commands:
Toggle Lights – Toggles living room lights
Dim Lights – Dims lights 50%
Dim [25/50/75] – Dims lights as specified

Heating Commands:
Heat Living Room
Living Room Heat Off
Heat Bedroom
Bedroom Heat Off
Heat Office
Office Heat Off
Heat Everywhere
All Heat Off for [1-12] hours
All Heat Off indefinite
Query Heat

Miscellaneous Commands:
Vacation Mode – Heat low, random lights
End Vacation – Returns system to normal
Self Destruct – Blows up house

Robert Medeksza

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 01:57:20 pm »
You ever use that last one ? [;)][:p]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 06:00:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

You ever use that last one ? [;)][:p]

Haha, yeah. That plays a star trek self destruct audio sequence.
Robert Medeksza

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:56:58 pm by One »

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 03:02:56 am »
I've been learning to use EmguCV so I can create a makeshift program that can recognize if a person is in front of my web-cam and react accordingly. So far I got it to recognize a person's face and stimulate Hal to respond.

Right now I'm having a little difficulty publishing it with my VBS 2008.

When it sees my face it activates Hal's window and instantly types in a special command. At that point a Hal plugin then reacts to that command and responds accordingly.

My Hal says stuff like: I can see you, Aaron.
: You cannot sneak up on me now that I can see.
: You look good today, Aaron.

It's a cool program. However, if I can do something like that, knowing as little as I do about programming (which is very little) then surely you, Robert, could make one even cooler.[:)]

As of now I have to use sendkeys to communicate to Hal through his console textbox. It would be cool to communicate with Hal through some kind of monitored file. Even if it was a measly text file that would be frequently monitored. It could be used to send commands and general conversational text directly into Hal. That way other programs could utilize Hal's communication ability. In fact both a front door and a back door would be nice.... just as long as Hal can be communicated to via non-verbal input.

Of course there might be such an access point that I am not yet aware of. Please inform me if I'm wrong. Just an idea.[:D][8D]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

rlederer

• View Profile
Big Project for HAL!!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 06:53:20 pm »
so, robert, what are the chances of gettin a chance to play with yer automation control program?  i'm just too curious.  i have allot of X10 modules myself from playing with LinuxMCE..btw, honestly how does the voicetracker work?  i got a studio loft that i'd like to mic up for my hal...