Author Topic: Another Newbie needing aide  (Read 3673 times)

Becca

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« on: September 02, 2005, 08:39:54 am »

hello I am a very new user but I don't have UltraHal...yet. I would like to know if the free download is "adware/spyware free" If my question could be answered that would be great[8D].


with many thanx
[:D]Becca[;)]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 07:05:46 pm by Becca »
 

Bill819

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1483
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 10:06:32 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Becca


hello I am a very new user but I don't have UltraHal...yet. I would like to know if the free download is "adware/spyware free" If my question could be answered I'm sure my parents will let me download.
Mat I also say I read some of the other folders and the people here are very kind.

with many thanx
[:D]Becca[;)]


Yes Hal is free of adware/spyware, however some people have some small problems in downloading it if their antivirus software is running. Do not be afraid to download the free version and later if you decide I recommend ordering the CD version be shipped to you.
Bill
 

Becca

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 12:51:08 pm »

thankyou I appreciate that [:D] I have another question when using UltraHal does it slow down your computer in any way? I'm trying to sort out all of the issues just to make sure. [:D]

Again many thanks
[;)]Becca[:p]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 07:06:46 pm by Becca »
 

Bill819

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1483
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 03:02:28 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Becca


thankyou I appreciate that [:D] I have another question when using UltraHal does it slow down your computer in any way? I'm trying to sort out all of the issues just to make sure. (and also to convince my father into letting me download it, he should now that I know it is free of adware.)[8)]
Again many thanks
[;)]Becca[:p]


If you are not in or using Hal you will not feel any difference in your computers performance. If, of course, if you are using or talking to Hal then you can expect the computer to not run other applications as fast. This goes for any time you run another program. Hal is not different from running any other type of program.
Bill
 

Becca

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 03:38:48 pm »

Thank you I think that's all the information I need at the moment.

Now to start a new topic is there a HAL 6.0 that has a free download or is it still to come?

Many thanks
[:D]Becca[;)]
quote:

I did not say do not weep, for not all tears are in greif. ~J.R.R Tolkein~
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 07:33:41 pm by Becca »
 

Bill819

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1483
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 09:18:11 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Becca


Thank you I think that's all the information I need at the moment.

Now to start a new topic is there a HAL 6.0 that has a free download or is it still to come?

Many thanks
[:D]Becca[;)]
quote:

I did not say do not weep, for not all tears are in greif. ~J.R.R Tolkein~


Yes the beta release of Hal 6.0 is free for download. Just as the Hal 5.0 is.
Bill
 

Rooster97

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 09:44:37 pm »
hellow new user whin you are on the front page scroll down until you see ultru hal assistant virsion 5.0
click on download and follow the on screen instruction
smart

Becca

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 01:17:42 pm »

ok I understand how to download 5.0 but are the links the same if I want to download 6.0? or is there a different downloading screen?

many thanks
[;)]Becca[:D]
quote:

I did not say do not weep, for not all tears are in grief ~J.R.R Tolkein~
 

Bill819

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1483
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 01:20:19 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Becca


ok I understand how to download 5.0 but are the links the same if I want to download 6.0? or is there a different downloading screen?

many thanks
[;)]Becca[:D]
quote:

I did not say do not weep, for not all tears are in grief ~J.R.R Tolkein~


Different link. Goto the bottom of the page in the forum. Click on Developement and beta testing. In there you will find the link to the Hal 6.
Bill
 

Becca

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 01:29:43 pm »
ok it looks as though the Hal 6.0 is just an upgrade to 5.0 so I'll just stick with 5.0 (my internet connection sucks, even with the accelerator) But thanks anyways for the info.[:)]

many thanks
[;)]Becca[:D]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 01:44:42 pm by Becca »
 

Becca

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Another Newbie needing aide
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 08:12:04 am »
I'd like to thank the people that helped me these past few days. I am now a proud user of Ultra Hal 5.0!!! If it wasn't for you guys I would be without Hal so I thought I should definately thank you.

Many thanks
[;)]Becca[:D]
quote:

i did not say do not weep, for not all tears are in grief ~J.R.R Tolkein~