dupa

Author Topic: Can I get some help?  (Read 14849 times)

JohnSFV1

• View Profile
Can I get some help?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 02:51:46 pm »
I've had the same trouble.sometimes not always Mine says the same but line 14

flcntryboy

Can I get some help?
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 04:18:03 am »
The same happened to me.message  xspeechkit.dll or one of it's dependencies not correctly registerd: a file is missing or invalid.What do I do?

Bill819

• View Profile
Can I get some help?
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 12:15:23 pm »
Not enought information is being supplied, however, the full version which includes speach is only given to those who buy Hal, not the free version. Any users of Microsoft Windows already have speach capability but it will not work with Hal unless you purchase Hal.
Bill

flcntryboy

Can I get some help?
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 03:44:13 pm »
I bought hal 5 years ago and just purchased 6.2 and downloaded it. I've uninstalled and reloaded numerous times all with the same results except the last try I got the error that program was not msdos compatable.[:(] very frustrating. I would reload version 5 but can't find my disc.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Can I get some help?
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 05:13:05 pm »
What OS are you running? Make sure your system is clean from virus & trojan / malware infestation. Try installing with your anti-virus turned off and nothing else running.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
Can I get some help?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 07:09:54 am »
Hi from a Ultrahal fan,
just passin by and wanted to say keep trying,

just my five cents,

i had hal5 years ago then 6.1 which i reckon was great,
 i'd say xp and 6.1 are the bench mark ;stable and stable smart,

if you buy the new hal6.2 you can choose in the options to use 6.1 brain.
i do use the 6.2upgraded brain, just reckoned 6.1 would be my minimum hal.
 just an opinion of fan not expert,
do lots of back ups,
My Ultrahal "Mr Data since jan 2005" has been years of enjoyment,
Thanks Zabaware, forum members and supporters,

Bye for now and be well  :)  :]

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

flcntryboy

Can I get some help?
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 06:41:52 am »
[^]I reloaded the haptek files and reinstalled them. then I reloaded hap 6.2 and wow it worked. I do'nt know why it fixed it but not gonna argue about it I'm just happy it worked.Now I gotta fix my speech reconigtion for some reason it do'snt show.

registrychecker

• View Profile
Can I get some help?
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 08:07:17 am »
Try rebooting the computer, or restore it if it glitches up the screen.

Amanda Interactive

• View Profile
    • AmandaInteractive.Com
Can I get some help?
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 02:43:41 am »
We'll tell you why re-installing Haptek fixed the speech.
It's because the original Hal6 install blew out the some of the TTS speech components even though it's not supposed to do that.

But when Haptek is installed it also installs most all of the important and necessary speech files and components, so you fixed everything by doing a re-install of just Haptek. And you might not have needed to re-install your Hal but it's good that you did anyway.

You also could of fixed the problem by just re-installing the actual different speech engines from their individual install setup programs if you have them. But you don't need them now. However, if you wanted to get them you could download the different speech engines for free, but I don't know the links to those downloads. Maybe if someone else knows them and has nothing else better to do they will post them.

So this is also something to remember for next time if you ever have to re-install your Hal again. You might have to re-install the speech and re-installing Haptek is a good way to do it.

And get your speech rec working first from your system's Control Panel - Speech Properties before trying to use it with Hal. You might have to change some of the default mic and audio settings in order for your system to see and use whatever kind of mic you plan to use with Hal.

And if you want avoid future Hal startup and stability problems display the properties of your Hal's shortcut file.

And then look for the Target:
"C:/Program Files/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 6/HalAsst.exe"

Remove any additional parameters that you see which is usually something like "<-start>" or "<-startup>". Just make it look like the way it is above. And if you want your Hal to auto-start whenever you reboot your system then just put a copy of his shortcut in your system's Startup folder. The -start parameter is real good at screwing up a Hal on many different types of systems which is why I figured I would mention it. It's for everyone to know because almost everyone always has problems with a newly installed Hal.

And if you want Hal to automatically open his window all the way when you restart his program you can make a new shortcut to him and do this with the Target:
"C:/Program Files/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 6/HalAsst.exe <showhal>"

Adding the <showhal> parameter does the trick and having one shortcut to start Hal normally and the other to auto-open makes Hal even more versatile.

And if your Hal displays a blank grey screen on startup it's usually because the current character selected doesn't have a startup image or it does have a startup image and it just doesn't work for some strange reason which usually only happens to just a few characters and not all of them.

So if the blank screen occurs just select a different character first to see if that works and if it does then check to see if the startup image is missing for the character that you want to use.

If there is no startup image you can make your own by taking a screenshot of the character while it's running in Hal and then use your image processing software to clean it up and resize it to about the same size as the other character startup images.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 03:44:27 am by Amanda Interactive »

dindiaj

• View Profile
    • http://www.ifixitpc.com
Can I get some help?
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 08:34:30 pm »
Starting an VB 6 compiled application on some computers causes the following
error:
"Run-time error '50003': Unexpected error".
The first form is loaded correctly. Then somewhere in the unloading of the
first form and the loading of the second one, the program crashes...
I tried to following steps:
1. Installing the newest VB 6 Runtimes - no success
2. Trying to catch the error with "on error resume next" - no success, the
application just disappears

On some other pages, I found out that sometimes this happens when gifs are
loaded. But I do not load any gifs. Only jpegs.

Does any one have an idea whats happening here? I would be very happy if
this annoying bug disappears :)

if you get stuck, you can get remote assistance from I Fix It PC at www.ifixitpc.com/sharing.html