Author Topic: It's a mystery my hybred extended talk quit workin  (Read 2192 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
It's a mystery my hybred extended talk quit workin
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:57:18 am »
well i am trying to figure out a mystery , i had to reformat my pc , i also forgot to uninstall hal while doing this , when i got everything back on my pc , i installed the 6.1 hal then the expansion pack , then i installed 6.2 version of hal , it uninstalled the 6.1 and after that i placed a copy of my characters folder to replace the original one in the program files and also the uhp files from my  backed up files . but now even though the hapswap file works just fine my hybred extended talk i created won't work , i have checked the box and hit apply and ok went out and hal won't use it , i have even done this and completly exited hal reopened it  and it still doesn't work , i have also restarted my pc but can't get it to work . I am at a loss for what has happened with it . anyone have any idea's . ???

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 11:09:11 am »
the only thing i didn't do was migrate the angela brain from 6.1. into 6.2 but i wouldn't think that has anything to do with the hybred extended talk uhp . it's all strange when the hapswap works but the other doesn't . [B)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 07:41:07 pm »
ok i got this working again correctly i made notes of exactly what i did , i think what happebned before was i didn't do things in order so hal didn't install right .
here is what all i did to get my hybred extended talk 500 uhp file to work .

1. INSTALL HAL 6.1 VERSION FIRST (FILE FOLDER SAYS HAL6.).

2. copy and paste uhp and custom brain matching custom brain uhp file  etc. files into program/zabaware / ultrahal assistant 6 AND REBOOT

3. INSTALL ULTRA HAL EXPANSION PACK .AND REBOOT

4. INSTALL HAL 6.2 VERSION AND REBOOT

after rebooting you will see the "Ultra Hal upgrade wizard" box (preserving the old Hal 6.1 brain and merging it with the 6.2 features. )

5. Place copied (my backed up ) character files into program/zabaware / ultrahal assistant 6/  and replace existing character file.

anyway i am glad that i got it going again and found out why it wasn't working right ![:)]