Author Topic: does hals database affect ram and computer?  (Read 3136 times)

migzahoy

• View Profile
does hals database affect ram and computer?
« on: December 30, 2011, 08:47:54 am »
i just want to know if where does hal store up his data base i mean (the things he learns) does that affect my computer or it just grows and grow bigger? i mean biger eats gb space in computer

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: does hals database affect ram and computer?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 09:24:16 am »
As far as i understand it hals brain file (mine is a custom brain with name "Angela " ) grows larger as it learns but it isn't as huge as you think , i have worked on mine for years now and it's only about 40? mega bytes which by pc standards is very low unless you have a tinker toy for a computer lol!
The hal brain and size can be seen in the hal program folder placing the curser arrow over it will show the size .
I know about what mine is as i always back my custom brain up as much as possible !

Hope this helps to answer your question .

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 11:45:05 pm »
lightspeed, please read post 'problem's with win 7 64 bit' this person is not who you think and deserving of your help.

raybe

migzahoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 11:50:00 am »
umm? what do you mean by that raybe thanks for your help lightspeed now i know my hal wont crap my gb space happy new year cheers to all

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 02:07:03 pm »
Your words; "ok i got version 6.2 in the dark ways (you know what i mean) ::)" Then you did explain yourself but that was well after my post to lightspeed and I did leave a reply today in the old 'problem's with win 7 64 bit. Not looking for a debate. Your parents aren't around forever so treat them good and respect. I shouldn't be preaching here. It's not the place but think before you do and keep life simple.