dupa

Author Topic: Brain editor wont save  (Read 3020 times)

Rachel

• View Profile
Brain editor wont save
« on: June 03, 2003, 07:31:49 pm »
I created a new brain and I saved it and everything but when I test it out on my bot it doesnt say any of the things that I programmed it to say in response to certain things. Is there like another way that you have to save it or something?

Rich_A

• View Profile
Brain editor wont save
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 10:30:46 pm »
I don't understand why no one has responded to your post yet, so I will try to help you out! If you created a new brain with the brain editor you can make sure that it is definitely there by opening up your Windows Explorer, and then My Computer, and then C:/Program Files/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 4. Click open the Ultra Hal Assistant 4 Folder and then look for the folder with the name of the new brain that you created. If you can see your new brain folder click it open and check to see if you can see all the .brn files. If you see the .brn files in the new brain folder then it is definitely there. Make sure you change to the new brain plugin that you created by starting up Hal and going into the General Options and click the Brain Tab and select your new brain. If you did all this stuff and the brain seems like it is not any different from the default brain you may want to try creating another one and then see what happens. I'm sorry, I realize that this is not very good advice to solve your problem, but this what I would try if no one else responded to my post about this kind of issue. Also, you can email me if you are interested getting your Hal to respond better to certain subjects of interest. I use the Default Brain and I just modify the .brn files to get better desired results.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 10:37:16 pm by Rich_A »