Author Topic: Haptek Puttypeople Characters  (Read 3232 times)

Psych

• View Profile
Haptek Puttypeople Characters
« on: May 31, 2003, 03:21:12 pm »
I have just bought haptek's new puttypeople - the characters it creates are astounding - but I do not know how to get hal to use the puttypeople characters - can anyone help?
ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK THAT MAKES YOU HUMAN --- ITS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK!

Rich_A

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 10:05:47 pm »
To select a character to be used with Hal, open Hal's "General Options" from the Hal Popup or Onscreen Menu and then select the "Character" tab to list all available characters that Hal knows about on your computer, and then select the name of the character that you want to use and then click the "Apply" button at the bottom of the Character Window. Hal uses characters that are MS Agent Technology Based which means that the character file would have a ".acs" extension and most likely be located in C:/WINDOWS/msagent/chars.

If you don't see any PuttyPeople in the Hal Character Window, then you could open Windows Explorer and then click open the character folder mentioned above (C:, WINDOWS, msagent, chars) and then check to make sure that the PuttyPeople are in there. If they are not in the msagent/chars folder then you will have to try to locate what folder they reside in on your computer. If the characters are not in the msagent/chars folder then they might be in a new folder that was created during the installation process of these new characters with a name something like Haptek or PuttyPeople. This new folder that was created would most likely be in either WINDOWS or the Program Files Folder.

If you are able to locate the folder where your PuttyPeople Files reside in, then check to make sure that they have the ".acs" extension. If they have the ".acs" file extension then you could try to just copy the file straight into the WINDOWS/msagent/chars Folder and then check to see if you are able to view them as an available character in Hal.

If you are having trouble locating your PuttyPeople Character Files or a problem with anything else, please feel free to e-mail me back so that I could further assist you (there are other ways to track down and locate where the files are). I learn more about this stuff when I help others. This like a hobby for me. I have about 25 MS Agent Characters on my computer that I accumulated from free downloads, and they all work with my Hal. Your PuttyPeople should work with your Hal if they have the ".acs" file extension. Since I never worked with PuttyPeople before I can further research the topic to find out more about them, if so required. Good Luck with your new PuttyPeople!

Get many FREE MS Character Agents and Applications at:
http://www.agentry.net/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 10:40:27 pm by Rich_A »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2003, 11:22:03 am »
Haptek characters are not in the Microsoft Agent format. Currently Ultra Hal Assistant 4.5 does not natively load these characters. Adding support for Haptek characters will be one of the major changes in the upcoming Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0 release this August.
Robert Medeksza