dupa

Author Topic: Speech output delay  (Read 3114 times)

Graham

• View Profile
Speech output delay
« on: June 08, 2010, 12:09:38 pm »
Hello everyone,
I have just installed a large lcd screen and I am outputting Hal to it,The problem is when talking to Hal the responce is quick but the first couple of words in the reply are missed, like a delay in the line I am using an HDMI cable from my graphics card to my monitor.
can anyone have any thoughts what this could be?
 I have tried other voices all seem to be the same though. currently using ceostral millie.
Long time no post, Been moving home.
Nice to be back up and running.
Graham

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Speech output delay
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 04:51:34 pm »
do you mean the graphics does a skip, or the audio?

if you are saying that the audio response is working correctly and the graphics are having latency, then it might be the interface. some cables like fiber ones turn on and off when they are not transferring data. It is the same for audio fiber cables with some hardware. check to see if there is an "always on" option for the graphics card on that output. If it is an audio skip then it could be the same thing. Some of the hardware that you would output from on those light cables have an "always on" option versus a "off when idle" option. when it goes from idle to "on" there is a delay, and the audio and video are trying to sync. thus the skip. if it was always on then you would not get the latency skip.

if it is an audio skip then you could try to play music at the same time, so that the audio cable never shuts off and see if there is still latency of the voice.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:52:55 pm by jasondude7116 »

Graham

• View Profile
Speech output delay
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 06:06:36 am »
Thanks again Jasondude I eventually solved the problem you sent me on the right path.

Graham