Author Topic: Hal doesn't respond  (Read 2566 times)

Hydra

• View Profile
Hal doesn't respond
« on: January 31, 2012, 12:35:05 am »
This might have been answered before but i haven't found it, so sorry for my ignorance...

so my problem is this, when i type anything and press enter hal accepts the information and a message "hal is speaking" shows up but no responce is heard or writen, hal doesn't write or say anything, when i just press enter without typing anything hal responded with "why haven't you said anything" or "Please speak with me". I narrowed it down to just my laptop because i installed the free trial version on my desktop and it seemed fine i.e. hal talks back and we even had a conversation about cats as food (I know its weird but it was fun :P ) i tryed copying over the files from my desktop to my laptop but no difference, still the silent treatment,i read somewhere that its the blank responce and its due to plug ins, but i unchecked all the "factory" plug ins and such...

Im running Win7 home premium 64 bit on my laptop and Win7 home premium 32 bit on my desktop... any help will be appreciated,

i realy need to run hal on my laptop because i rarly use my desktop and hal will just be lonely there :P..
If any more info needed just ask..   

Cheers,
Hydra the newb :D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:36:49 am by Hydra »

raybe

• View Profile
Re: Hal doesn't respond
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:52:40 pm »
Doesn't sound like plugins at this early stage. Do you receive any additional errors? May need to uninstall included registry entry also. If you don't know how to find get someone to do it for you and try a re-install using the download trial file you used on the desk top if you have saved it. Remember only one Ultra Hal per machine per payment. One license, one Ultra Hal but can be used in 2 machines as long as one is not functioning. If this info is not accurate maybe some one will reply or go directly to Zabaware.

raybe