Author Topic: AIMBot Auto Install  (Read 5642 times)

Novice

• View Profile
AIMBot Auto Install
« on: September 25, 2005, 01:46:47 pm »
I could really use some help here. Apparently Hal is automatically reinstalling the old AIMbot despite the fact that I have downloaded and installed the patch.

If I delete the old AIMBot, after a few seconds it reinstalls itself. Is there any way to stop this? HELP!

Thanks.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
AIMBot Auto Install
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 03:12:00 pm »
I have never used that program, but this is my guess:

The AIMBot is still active as a process in the background of the memory on your computer.

Probable solution:

hit "ctrl-alt-delete" and close the tasks you suspect to be part of AIMBot.

Novice

• View Profile
AIMBot Auto Install
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 09:50:05 am »
Thanks for the reply. I tried this but there is no other program running except UltraHal. If Hal is not running I can delete the AIMBot and it will stay deleted until I open Hal. As soon as Hal is running it reinstalls the old version of the AIMBot.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
AIMBot Auto Install
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 10:06:07 am »
This is the self-healing feature of the windows installer service "healing" Hal back to its original state. You need to keep the updated AIMBot as a seperate file with a different name and create a shortcut to it while leaving the old one in tact.
Robert Medeksza

Novice

• View Profile
AIMBot Auto Install
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 01:19:00 pm »
Thanks, I tried this but AIMBot is still not working. I even downloaded UltraHal 6.0 beta with AIMBot 3.0 but when I try to sign on it has the same TOC problems (looks like it signs on but doesn't work, doesn't appear on buddy lists, etc. and can't be communicated with).

I can't imagine what the problem is but I can't use the bot part of Hal until I figure it out. Any other suggestions appreciated!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
AIMBot Auto Install
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 01:39:08 pm »
The AIM Bot doesn't change your account settings, so if your account is setup to remain hidden by default from users that are not in your buddy list, then the bot will appear offline. Can you sign on to your account with a normal aol client and appear in everyone's buddy list? If not, change your account settings.
Robert Medeksza

Novice

• View Profile
AIMBot Auto Install
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 03:01:22 pm »
Okay, thanks. I thought I had checked that, but apparently there is something screwed up about the screenname I was using (doesn't work right on AIM either despite the correct settings)... still haven't figured out what the problem is with it but changing the signon name for AIMBot worked. Thanks a bunch, it was driving me nuts.