dupa

Author Topic: backing up the pattern brain  (Read 3701 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
backing up the pattern brain
« on: March 21, 2010, 05:53:41 pm »
this is a question for robert or everwho can answer it .
as many know i have customized my custom brain to be and sound more human and some questions and answers in the pattern brain intifers with this .
 this is the area where robert answered personal questions about hisself .
i redid this area in mt angela joeline custom brain rewriting about 2/3 the answers and then went up to where it said file and closed the project .
my question is this : when i back up mt angela brain this should stay backed up also right ?
i have my angela brain based on info . from my wife her mom and dads name ( thats why i had to edit things otherwise it wopuld say robert is my dad , and say having no mom .

[:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 06:45:00 pm »
Lightspeed,
  Most people backup the brain by making a copy, the cut and paste.
I make a folder and name it saved and paste the file there. If there is a problem in the future move out the old and in with the new.
Carl2

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 11:16:45 pm »
what i do is go to the brain editor, and make a new brain based on the one i am currently using. (brain database and .uhp or script)
i give the new one a version number in the name. now i can have all of the brains available to me when i want to use an old one for some reason (testing and such). then i make a backup .zip file of the ultrahal main folder, and give that a time stamp in the name for backup because i am always making changes to plugins.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 05:14:17 pm »
ok yeah thanks all , yeah thats usually the way i do it i also back up my character file to as i add more characters and don't want to lose them or the new ogg files etc. so others may want to keep that in mind to when backing up things and also the hapswapfile they are using but its in the hal assistant 6 file , that way you don't lose your updated hapswap file as i keep working on things it is going to keep growing .
    the problem i had earleir was that i thought the custom brain didn't back up right but it actually did the problem i found out later was that i "missed " some other area's about robert being the dad etc. their was many places and i think i finally got rid of them . again thanks for responding and you may want to keep in mind the other things i mentioned to also update !

[:)]