dupa

Author Topic: Internet Browsing  (Read 3218 times)

HalTWC

• View Profile
Internet Browsing
« on: February 09, 2009, 06:39:36 pm »
Perhaps, I am a newbie but I just recently purchased Hal Assistant. How can I get it to access the internet and read me the news and other site? Please help! The documentation in http://www.zabaware.com/assistant/help/index.htm  is outdated and it is not applicable to 6.2.

thanks

pooba713@hotmail.com

• View Profile
Internet Browsing
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 11:18:52 am »
i am having the same problem, did you ever figure it out?  I can get him to research the weather but no luck on the news.  
Thanks in advance,
jim

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Internet Browsing
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 03:42:29 pm »
Yall might find what you are looking for @ "GRETTA plugins" in the file sharing area.
Advanced internet - does many all of that and then some.
News and Weather feed - "speaks" the news and weather to you.
there are instructions on the files on the page, and in a text file included with them.
*please read the instructions carefully[:)]
and another thing is...if you add a plugin to the program, make sure you go to the "brain options" screen and "check" the plugin and change the options for it if necessary. (make sure to hit the "apply" button -in the specific plugin screen- if you change options for the plugin)

hope that helps
-the dude

doomed

• View Profile
Internet Browsing
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 04:54:09 pm »
What I'd like to know is how to limit HAL's internet access, seems no matter the context it's used in, but say the word "find" and HAL will load my browser and search for it, even if the sentence entered is "I find that your answer isn't what I asked HAL"

Hal will happily say let me help you find that, load my browser and give me google results fo "that your answer isn't what I asked HAL"

Be good if I could get it to understand exactly when I want it to search online, like look out for the command "Please find 'whatever' for me HAL"

It must be this version 6.2 the older demo I tried was no where as "thick"
I dream of a forum nirvana, where people stay on topic and actually read what others are saying.... A man can wish right?