Author Topic: HAL MUST CLOSE  (Read 2894 times)

rheck44

• View Profile
HAL MUST CLOSE
« on: February 09, 2007, 05:25:54 pm »
WHEN I TRY TU USE ULTRAHAL NEOSPEECH HAL OR KATE. I GET A REPORT THAT IT HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND MUST CLOSE. ALL OF THE OTHER VOICES WORK. I USED THE CD INSTALL. CAN ANYONE HELP? PLEEEEEZE.
BOB

Bill819

• View Profile
HAL MUST CLOSE
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 12:07:20 am »
quote:
Originally posted by rheck44

WHEN I TRY TU USE ULTRAHAL NEOSPEECH HAL OR KATE. I GET A REPORT THAT IT HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND MUST CLOSE. ALL OF THE OTHER VOICES WORK. I USED THE CD INSTALL. CAN ANYONE HELP? PLEEEEEZE.

If you would check other messages you would find that they don't work with Hal at this time. They work fine for reading text outloud but not with Hal. Mr. M is working on a fix and hopes to have it working in a month or so. In the mean time just use one of the other voices.
Bill819

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
HAL MUST CLOSE
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 06:12:00 am »
Perhaps with the Hal representative but the Kate and Paul Neospeech voices work fine with my UltraHal.

Computer crashed recently and had to reinstall everything including Hal. The online activation process worked perfectly. Installed / copied the Neospeech Kate & Paul to the appripriate directories, started Hal, selected the Kate voice and it worked without incident.

I thought the problem was with the Representative not necessarily with the UltraHal program.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

PaleRider

• View Profile
HAL MUST CLOSE
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 12:51:34 pm »
Hi Rheck44
could you please give the guys on the forum maybe some
information on what computer you are using and what windows you use. The more information the better they can help you.

I myself went to Microsoft "update" and download the lastest sdk5 for speech in there downloads plus other updates i needed.
then i installed Hal 6 ,plus expansion pak and they worked fine then my disk came in the mail and i installed Neo speech and everything works fine.

Don't give up yet.

Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.